[Alliance] How do we proceed?

Hi All,

how do we want to proceed?

My suggestion would be the following:

First of all we should be as transparent as possible with what we / the Alliance / The Freicoin Community does.

Second we should only do projects that have large support.

Therefore a minority of 20% should be enough to "Veto" out an Freicoin Alliance Project Suggestion, that wants to speak / act on behalf the Alliance, or wants direct support from the Alliance.

Even if a 20% minority is enough to veto out an project. We should encourage independent projects that allow as much freedom for the project as possible, as long as the project does no harming and keeps transparent / open minded.

Third, we should keep the process as simple and informal as possible.

So here is my suggestion:

Everybody is welcome to post a project suggestion in the Alliance Forum:

If the projects wants to speak / act on behalf the Alliance / the Freicoin Community, or wants direct support from the Alliance / Freicoin Community it needs at least the support (likes) of 2 "well known"* members / donors of the Freicoin Community. The title of these projects should be marked with [?Alliance?]

All projects that have this support and are not "vetoed" out and therefore can speak / act on behalf the Alliance / the Freicoin Community as far as it is related to their project are marked with [Alliance] and listed in Running Projects.

These projects, marked with [Alliance], are eligible to have support from the Alliance funds.

Donors, people who donated directly to the alliance, or devoted some time to Freicoin, can decide which of these projects they want to support.**

Donors that donated Freicoins directly can distribute their donated coins directly to these projects, or can allow people they trust to distribute the Freicoins for them.

People that donated time, can distribute Freicoins coming from donation matching or from  donations where the donor is unknown, or Freicoins that have not been distributed for a long time period (>1 Month).

What do you think?

All the good,

Arcurus

* Of course currently well known is very subjective, for me that is currently all listed as donors in the donor overview of the current year.

** To allow more to participate in the distribution, I for my part will asks Bicks students what they suggest, the future belongs to the youth! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coming back to this now that I've gotten some things tied together and some nice insightful discussions, with few peoples already, that are on similar lines of thinking and starting to organize more shared community activities :) 

*clip*

First of all we should be as transparent as possible with what we / the Alliance / The Freicoin Community does.

Second we should only do projects that have large support.

*clip*

Transparency is an area of interest for me too :) Would be really interesting to start experimenting with as-transparent-as-made-possible-with-available-tools kind of an system. Some people have already thought some obvious "problems" with these totally transparent systems, but usually with the pre-blockchain era.. so there could be some positive new ideas around there somewhere for further technology development for offering solutions those earlier thought-to-be-obvious questions :)

Large support :) I'm with you with the thinking and the ideas regarding veto & majority thinking.. but there aint too big group of us yet ^^ 
But for sure, since theres just a few of us in the FA for now, we prolly should indeed aim to concentrate working on few things together :)

Third, we should keep the process as simple and informal as possible.

Yes! Also totally agree here :) 
Aiming to have the user experience easy and familiar is probably a good thing to keep in mind for the processes and tools we want to use or experiment with. Easier it is for "common folks" to sign up or try things out, the more chance of getting contributing and experimenting users being mi thinking here.
So simplicity..

For that, I think that once we get our aims sighted at the things we wanna work towards with Freicoin Alliance, we have very good availability of open source tools out there to combine the use of few of them and tinker a tailored toolset with the features needed for the specific goals :)

Informal as possible..
Also agree that having clear explanations and sharing all the information is a thing to do (goes along with the transparency), but maybe pushing them too much isnt always wise :) Kinda related to the user experience and the familiar experiences, we prolly should have a working toolset for use and use those "infobubbles" in keywords or [?] buttons near related features field for explainers from the start. 

Of course, a thread, articles, maybe wiki and such should also be ready to go, to refer to in the infobubsies, but not used as "primary" channel for communicating features. My thinking being; it'd be nice to be able to say "Heres the link [FreiTool], and try it out" when asked about the system.. without the need for long logins or account creation.. or linking to explanation sections at FAQ's or forums.. but actual usecasing the tool itself for that specific question  :)

So here is my suggestion:

Everybody is welcome to post a project suggestion in the Alliance Forum:

If the projects wants to speak / act on behalf the Alliance / the Freicoin Community, or wants direct support from the Alliance / Freicoin Community it needs at least the support (likes) of 2 "well known"* members / donors of the Freicoin Community. The title of these projects should be marked with [?Alliance?]

All projects that have this support and are not "vetoed" out and therefore can speak / act on behalf the Alliance / the Freicoin Community as far as it is related to their project are marked with [Alliance] and listed in Running Projects.

This is an interesting on-going developing area, governance with blockchain platforms :) Excited to see what kinds of inventions will thrive from around that subject :D

We could decide to do some experimenting on those with FA. Theres some interesting work and tools out there, like the DASH stuff you linked here in the forums, so something to build on :)

Though, on this area.. the governance and the problem of identity on blockchain.. I'd see to be a bit of work to be done.. some wide open questions and "problems" to be solved before getting it easy enough to relate to in an user experience sense *hmm*

And so, since we're still also a small group of people with similar views, common goals and doing it from the good of our hearts, we should be able to atleast somewhat easily agree on which projects to spend time and support on :) 

So maybe we dont need to hone the process and rules that much yet, but decide within the FA for easy distribution for the time being :) Of course, communicating on the forums with transparency and community voice in mind (which has been pretty nonexisting for the past years though if we're hones ;)) is always beneficial and should be done :) The idea for the thread title for [?Alliance?] (or maybe [?FA?]? :) is goodie *nods*

Spending time with experimenting with tools and services for other uses / relatable services and getting some kind of user base would be more beneficial for current situation I'd see :)

I liked the idea in this thread: Freicoin Giveaway to encourage cooperation, sharing of knowledge and a non harming fair economy

For example, giveaway for the hosting of content related to Freicoin and related ideals.. books, videos, documentaries, website, etc.. on IPFS could help establish the tools and layout - and the needed experience of the usecases - to pave away for more complex ideas of experimentation. Like the governance topic :)

This should be relatively easy to get automated since we are paying out from central point and we can have simple condition(s) for being eligible for the giveaway :) This also should be somewhat easy to tinker together since theres a number of github projects for monitoring the nodes according to many needs ^^

As said, I am thinking that we should make an giveaway to a broader not just Freicoin related actions /projects.

The focus is on small actions and to reach an wide audience.

Just post something nice you have done like planting some vegetables, coding some open source, bought something cool with freicoin. supported open source project, donated something, installed some gnu linux etc.and post about it,

The donors can then decide which actions to support. This can be very small thinks like coding some hours open source, posting something nice etc.

Its in a way proof of activity. Of course all participants are free to up vote and discuss actions / projects, to hep to make good projects / actions visible for the donors to find.

Donations could then be matched through the alliance according to the in the beginning of this topic outlined handling.

Maybe we can get an Alliance Hangout for starting the new year of 2016? :) https://freicoinalliance.com/topic/145-fa-hangouts-hangout-6/?p=941
If ye guys can post availabilities to that thread, we could see to have maaku and/or jtimon for the session maybe as well :) Could better aim our sights if we get updated/aligned aims for Freicoin roadmap.

Hey Arc! Hope you've had a merry christmas :)

But ayeh! Very much along the same lines of thinkin myself too :) I'd like to see people offer anything they like to do and get coins for it (kinda related to Basic Income) ^^ While there needs to be some kind of trust system at the big scale, we can start with small group and certain activities that we can have trusted in a community setting. And like mentioned, theres also a lot of tools to enhance and automate some of them processes :)

So what I would be most interested in doing, is get some kind of set of tools combined to establish a platform for having those kinds of things listed. And similar to what we've discussed in the project ideas topics, a way for making use of micropayments for simple answers or small help tasks could benefit the communities/societies quite a bit. Offer a way for people to establish ways to earn small income tid from here and bit from there :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to suggest a standing meeting time for Blab.im. It is an open video chat format that we can record and upload to YouTube.

One thing we are lacking is a following. Miners particularly and given the weakness of the coin it might be important that we do more to be inclusive. I think an open format where we can discuss Freicoin and a universal income might be a good way to draw more subscribers to Freicoin.

Here is the first Blab come talk about Freicoin here everyone. We can adjust the time. All you need is a twitter account.

https://blab.im/darin-m-bicknell-freicoin-alliance-presents-the-future-of-freicoin-a-digital-currency

Tuesday January 12th @ 11:00am Jakarta Time 

See you there everyone. Let us discuss the FUTURE of FREICOIN. The Freicoin Report will be a weekly show for the FA. I will be there each week. If you want to change the time let me know I am available anytime to do this.

I will host and moderate.

Show Notes:

1. Basic introduction of Freicoin.

2. Introduction of FA members in attendance.

3. Discuss the Future of Freicoin.

4. Audience Q & A.

5. Basic information on how to contact the Freicoin Alliance.