[Developer-Bounty] Freicoin Bounty - Mobile Wallet - Done

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys, I updated the seed nodes and added Vircurex exchange rate like fedde asked me to. Download is here: https://github.com/FreicoinAlliance/freicoin-wallet/releases/tag/v0.2.1

As i want to establish some essential tools for Freicoin in general and i think it's about time that we involve some development not just of the coin, but make it easier to use and develop on. (yeah,

Cool beans! I'll release a working version very soon

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! I thought I'd give you an update on my progress

The wallet is almost complete. Synchronizing with the blockchain and receiving funds works fine, but I'm having some issues with creating transactions.. Hopefully I can get this issue fixed shortly so you guys have something to test :)

Bellow is a screenshot of the wallet running on an android emulator

Screenshot_12052014_07_25_57_PM.png

Hi all, 

to apply for matching the Bounty for the Wallet, I transferred now 300.000 FRC (200.000 for the one BTC) to the Alliance Address.

Lets see how the matching works :)

All the good,

Arcurus

Added 18.000 FRC + the bounty to make a round sum (or has Fab just forgotten a zero?)

@Fedde please add, or should I edit the starting post?

If someone want to give his bounty already, he can transfer the BTC here:

1GCMVoQHW2ZkbTvQeJ5f2LHmQNHnyQX4oU

Or Freicoins here:

1PUuX6PyB1Qv2U4UKqbtGed9tsuXPbnHQH

Good news, the alpha version is finished. Try it out!

It hasn't been well tested yet, so you might encounter some bugs, or issues..

To install the wallet on your android device download the .apk file from the link bellow and run it

http://bit.ly/134jytd

Awesome! Really great work Skirmant, thank you!

Was positively surprised that the installation worked without any tweaking on Jolla phone too! :) 

Played around with most of the features and all seems to work nice (some fine tuning on UI is needed, but obviously in alpha stage thats to be expected ;)), now waiting for confirmations to test out the sending parts ^^

Again, great work and appreciations! ^^

Hi All,

had some questions about the wallet rasied by Joe  ( he's unable to post  - i'll look into that ) so I said i would post here for him

He says it" flooding his freicoin nodes and its making it hard for anyone else to connect."

"i don't believe the mobile wallet is relaying the blockchain and only soaking it in, but id need to see the source to be aware if ti is or if its using headers only and merkle trees".

"It's also It's giving the total balance before demurrage, so lets say i send 10 coins and wait a day, it still says i have 10 coins"

Also do we  have the source code?

I know it's alpha build but as i said i will ask ( as it means very little to me :) )

He says it" flooding his freicoin nodes and its making it hard for anyone else to connect."

I'm not sure what he means by that, I can always add a bigger list of nodes if needed.

"i don't believe the mobile wallet is relaying the blockchain and only soaking it in, but id need to see the source to be aware if ti is or if its using headers only and merkle trees".

The wallet only stores block headers and transactions related to it's addresses, it's not suppose to be a fully functioning node with a full blockchain

"It's also It's giving the total balance before demurrage, so lets say i send 10 coins and wait a day, it still says i have 10 coins"

Hm, do you mean the transaction got stuck, or are you saying that demurrage isn't being applied to the balance while sitting?

If the transaction got stuck try resetting the blockchain

But if you mean that demurrage is not being applied while sitting, it's not suppose to. Neither freicoind or the block explorer does this. Only during a transaction does it get applied.

Also do we  have the source code?

I have the source code, but fedde has asked me not to release it until the wallet is complete.

Thanks Skirmant - It's looking great

Joe replied with: "he should be constantly scanning the network for new nodes and demurrage is applied upon send, but the current balance in your account should be tallyed as you go like it does on the qt client"

"he should be using the seednode list that is in the core client that will give a ton of peers versus hardcoded ones"

I've let him know he shoudl be able to post  no problem on the forum

Yeah, nothing is blocked here on user Joe.

Reason for i asked for source code holdback, is that it's alpha stage.

It can send and recive coins, but from the electrum release that has posted source code, at least the last update, you could not send coins out of the wallet from the client itself.

Alpha applications are born with errors, time to teach them how to act properly :) (at least we can report the bugs and hope for fix :)

- Paper wallet scan   --- Not working

In Freicoin qt, demurrage (display) is applied for each block.

But of course proper receiving and sending is more important.

Does the client search for new nodes like Freicoin-qt?

@Fedde why he should not make the source code open?

So or so on the end we have to check the source code.

@arc just to rule out the tiny glitches at this point that will save us alot of complaints on the UI. 

From the initial release yesterday he already updated the wallet 2-3 times fixing a few functions that where not working or where giving error on a diffrent android version. There is no more magic than that :)

I have also taken the time to create a Freicoin Alliance org. github repositori that we can release code on. 

https://github.com/FreicoinAlliance

Happy coding!

In Freicoin qt, demurrage (display) is applied for each block.

Hm, I never used the qt so I never noticed that before. My bad :)

Does the client search for new nodes like Freicoin-qt?

I added a seed node so yes, it should search for new nodes

Is there a repository, where I can have a look on the changes vs the original client?

fedde said he's creating one

While I'd like to see the project done completely in open source style, I understand keeping the alpha "closed" to fix the first bugs and cleaning up the code / make sure there is no obvious security holes :)
Cant wait for the beta release and hopefully along with that, the source code release ^^

One question to add / possible bug report:
Does anyone have problems with the QR code scanning?
Might be cuz of the Jolla / SailfishOS, but after scanning the QR code, the "result" screen after the camera recognizes the QR is black with only a numeric keyboard on the screen. Have to swipe the program to background and go back to it, to "fix it" / get to the sending screen.

While I'd like to see the project done completely in open source style, I understand keeping the alpha "closed" to fix the first bugs and cleaning up the code / make sure there is no obvious security holes :)

Cant wait for the beta release and hopefully along with that, the source code release ^^

Of course! It's just that it's a bit less problematic for me to make quick fixes while it's closed atm

But as soon as I release the beta you can bet your ass it will be open source ;)

One question to add / possible bug report:

Does anyone have problems with the QR code scanning?

Might be cuz of the Jolla / SailfishOS, but after scanning the QR code, the "result" screen after the camera recognizes the QR is black with only a numeric keyboard on the screen. Have to swipe the program to background and go back to it, to "fix it" / get to the sending screen.

That seems odd, does that happen every time you a scan a QR code, or just occasionally?

It may be hard to debug because the wallet was never meant for SailfishOS, just android.