[Developer-Bounty] Freicoin Bounty - Mobile Wallet - Done

Of course! It's just that it's a bit less problematic for me to make quick fixes while it's closed atm

But as soon as I release the beta you can bet your ass it will be open source ;)

Ay! Sounds good ^^

That seems odd, does that happen every time you a scan a QR code, or just occasionally?

It may be hard to debug because the wallet was never meant for SailfishOS, just android.

Yup, happens every time. But, like mentioned, most probably caused by the Jollas android support itself ;) Not a big problem, takes only a sec to go around it. After the beta or 1.0 version is out, I'll try to lure someone from the SailfishOS community to work on the native version ^^

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys, I updated the seed nodes and added Vircurex exchange rate like fedde asked me to. Download is here: https://github.com/FreicoinAlliance/freicoin-wallet/releases/tag/v0.2.1

As i want to establish some essential tools for Freicoin in general and i think it's about time that we involve some development not just of the coin, but make it easier to use and develop on. (yeah,

Cool beans! I'll release a working version very soon

Hi Bick,

currently we still are in the Alpha test of the wallet. Up to now the code is not open sourced. But it seems to function very well.

For the bounty as outlined above I transferred 1 BTC (200.000 FRC) and 100.000 FRC to the Alliance to get matching for the bounty.

So if you want you can already give your Bounty part in escrow:

"If someone want to give his bounty already, he can transfer the BTC here:

1GCMVoQHW2ZkbTvQeJ5f2LHmQNHnyQX4oU

Or Freicoins here:

1PUuX6PyB1Qv2U4UKqbtGed9tsuXPbnHQH

"

Why not use Cointopay web wallet? We have a new feature now:

P.S. IT ALSO WORKS ON YOUR PHONE, SO YOU CAN PERFORM THIS WHILE ON THE ROAD.

Hi, I fully have overseen this. Thank you a lot for your Freicoin support! I think for small amounts like used in an Phones wallets a web wallet like yours is perfectly is fine

For bigger sums it would be good to have something like Electrum or Blockchaininfo that does not store funds on an server.

Thanks for all!

Arcurus

For bigger sums it would be good to have something like Electrum or Blockchaininfo that does not store funds on an server.

Actually, blockchain.info stores your private keys on a server, but they are encrypted from the client side with your password. The problem is that if your password is weak an attacker could attempt to bruteforce it and break the encryption which is has happened to quite a few people lately

Actually, blockchain.info stores your private keys on a server, but they are encrypted from the client side with your password. The problem is that if your password is weak an attacker could attempt to bruteforce it and break the encryption which is has happened to quite a few people lately

Yea, better use Electrum like keywords and deterministic Wallets. By the way, is there an Electrum like address generator that you can copy that easy like bit-address?

BY the way, Fed just said, that you can connect your own Wallet to cointo pay, but most likely normal guys will not have the necessary skills, but still very interesting what they do!

Yea, better use Electrum like keywords and deterministic Wallets. By the way, is there an Electrum like address generator that you can copy that easy like bit-address?

Well, if you mean deterministic keywords Brainwallet's 'Poetry' method lets you convert/deconvert your private key, address or any kind of binary data into memorable poetic words.

It's pretty handy when you need to store the coins in your head. As long as you don't get alzheimer's that is :P

Well, if you mean deterministic keywords Brainwallet's 'Poetry' method lets you convert/deconvert your private key, address or any kind of binary data into memorable poetic words.

It's pretty handy when you need to store the coins in your head. As long as you don't get alzheimer's that is :P

sounds nice :)

"silently weep kingdom sound pity creator sound pity creator death truck drama"

thx Skirmat!

With the code now fully open sourced I will suggest to payout the 1 BTC already. The Freicoin Bounty can be payed out later after more testing and the donation matching is done (most-likely beginning of January) if it is ok for all? 

I also suggest that if Jo is finishing the Freicoin ElectrumClient to an useful state (lets say until beginning of January) it would be fair to share the Freicoin part of the Bounty with him, so that we at best have two Freicoin mobile wallets.

As far as I know reported bugs / missing features are currently:

- Fed and Fab could not read QR codes (that seems to be a clear bug) (UPDATE - Seems solved)

- The loosing coins though demurrage is not displayed in the client like Freicoin-QT dos (would be nice to have, but not necessarily needed to make transactions) (UPDATE - Skirmant is working on it)

- Is was also mentioned that the client does not share blocks / transactions with other clients and so maybe uses up bandwidth of Freicoin nodes. Has somebody researched that how other mobile clients handle that? For me it seems, that an mobile wallet not necessarily need to use its resources to share blocks, normal Freicoin nodes should be fine for that, but I didn't look into it.    (as far as I see it no bug at all) 

Yep, early January sounds great since Jan 10th is my birthday ;)

- Fed and Fab could not read QR codes (that seems to be a clear bug)

I fixed QR scanning a week ago for Fedde. I'm not sure about Fabrizio, his QR scanning works but has a weird UI issue. The problem is that he uses SailfishOS which is technically not an android OS and doesn't support all the official libraries, so I think it's currently beyond my limitations. But I'll keep an open eye for solutions..

- The loosing coins though demurrage is not displayed in the client like Freicoin-QT dos (would be nice to have, but not necessarily needed to make transactions)

I'm currently working on this

- Is was also mentioned that the client does not share blocks / transactions with other clients and so maybe uses up bandwidth of Freicoin nodes. Has somebody researched that how other mobile clients handle that? For me it seems, that an mobile wallet not necessarily need to use its resources to share blocks, normal Freicoin nodes should be fine for that, but I didn't look into it.    (maybe no bug at all)

There's no bug. All bitcoinj wallets are 'light' nodes, hosting a full blockchain is too resource intensive for phones. I think the claim that it somehow 'uses up' bandwidth is silly. Almost all popular altcoins use bitcoinj and I never heard anyone else complain about it. I also hardcoded an address to a dedicate freicoin node that I host on my VPS so it should help a bit

If anyone has more questions or bug reports feel free to ask!

1 BTC Bounty is given out now to Skirmant.

The Freicoin part of the Bounty will given out in beginning of January when the Freicoin Foundation matching and more testing was done. 

Currently Fedde, Bick and Arcurus gave in total 0.6 BTC.

To make it simple 0.4 BTC was a pre payed for other Bounty givers:

coin send:

23d26c328ff7452914e69b584809838c586ea78eae6bcc52e937b2c741c52b83

The Freicoin Wallet's source code is now available on GitHub! 

https://github.com/Skirmant/freicoinj

https://github.com/Skirmant/freicoin-wallet

You can download the updated version here: https://bit.ly/134jytd (still in alpha stage)

Awesome! This came faster as I expected, respek! *hugs*

I fixed QR scanning a week ago for Fedde. I'm not sure about Fabrizio, his QR scanning works but has a weird UI issue. The problem is that he uses SailfishOS which is technically not an android OS and doesn't support all the official libraries, so I think it's currently beyond my limitations. But I'll keep an open eye for solutions..

Yup, looked into this quickly, this is a problem in the SailfishOS and apparently somewhat common problem with non-native applications. There are workarounds for this, so I will look into it more when I have a moment and let you know if its something that can be directly fixed in the apk (so that it doesnt break/eat resources in android) or if it needs separate file/version for Jolla :)

Status: 0/unconfirmed, broadcast through 2 nodesDate: 19/12/2014 13:19To: FRC Wallet Bounty 1PUuX6PyB1Qv2U4UKqbtGed9tsuXPbnHQHDebit: -4260.70431216 FRCTransaction fee: -0.000000003413387857863919130139997269120327337527075331038629795566001107705637017397659604966975166462361812591552734375 FRCNet amount: -4260.704312163413387857863919130139997269120327337527075331038629795566001107705637017397659604966975166462361812591552734375 FRCReference Height: 92839Transaction ID: aef6e779817b46612f371107133632708a2e41d0010c5ef0b3040422fdb16c07

Sent some FRC to the bounty. 

BTC to follow this weekend.

Is it possible to "link" the Wallet project directly in github to the original code, so that we can directly compare the changes?

Yesterday Jitmon showed nicely how important it is to base the code on the original code:

Just look at Freicoin and Faircoin code repository:

https://github.com/freicoin/freicoin/graphs/contributors

https://github.com/FairCoinTeam/fair-coin/graphs/contributors

I think normal the best way to do it is just to make an fork of the original code and then make changes to that.

Otherwise later it would be hard to update if the original is changed.

Also its lot more secure, because its easier to find out what changes are in.

The balance now changes after every new block to account for demurrage:  https://bit.ly/134jytd

Yup, looked into this quickly, this is a problem in the SailfishOS and apparently somewhat common problem with non-native applications. There are workarounds for this, so I will look into it more when I have a moment and let you know if its something that can be directly fixed in the apk (so that it doesnt break/eat resources in android) or if it needs separate file/version for Jolla :)

Great. Maybe there's some compatibility patch that I could put on top the wallet, tell me if you find anything :)

Is it possible to "link" the Wallet project directly in github to the original code, so that we can directly compare the changes?

Yesterday Jitmon showed nicely how important it is to base the code on the original code:

Just look at Freicoin and Faircoin code repository:

https://github.com/freicoin/freicoin/graphs/contributors

https://github.com/FairCoinTeam/fair-coin/graphs/contributors

I think normal the best way to do it is just to make an fork of the original code and then make changes to that.

Otherwise later it would be hard to update if the original is changed.

Also its lot more secure, because its easier to find out what changes are in.

Linking the repository as a fork so you could review the changes should be easy, but rewriting and commenting every change would be a bit tedious. I'll be a busy in the coming days because of holidays and family gatherings so it might take a while, but I'll get it done!

• 2 weeks later...