[Developer-Bounty] Freicoin Bounty - Desktop / Online Wallet - 23 Freihours (115.000 Freicoins) - Done

Hi all,

for creating an more easy to use Desktop / Online Wallet we set up a Cooperative Bounty (Budget) of 23 Freihours (115.000 Freicoins).

If you want to work on this, please post here or message me for more details.

Features of the Wallet

- Should work with Freicoin

- Should display demurrage correctly 

- Should work on desktop clients

- Should use a deterministic wallet like Electrum

- The wallet seed should we created out of 12 random words like in Electrum

- The random should not only depend on the random of some chips.

- open source

- no keys are stored on any servers

Optional:

- cold storage / offline signing like Electrum has

- good would be a fork of an github project, so that changes are transparent and updates are easy to make and both projects can benefit

- At best the wallet would be like Electrum, but uses the freicoin-qt as server and is implemented as an webapplication, so that it just can be saved an used to create Freicoin addresses like bitaddress. 

- multisig

Bet regards,

Arcurus

Fedde: 10 Freihours (50.000 Freicoins) payed out by the Alliance 

Arcurus: 10 Freihours (50.000 Freicoins) payed out by the Alliance 

Fab: 3 Freihours (15.000 Freicoins) (missing) given in advance by Arcurus

UPDATE:

Dektop Wallet Bounty 23 Freihours / 115.000 Freicoins has been payed out:

2e8937d4460c072d46f494caf1ae1481b7ce8f53272242793169cf6f374196d3

• 3 weeks later...

Mazacoin fellas are working on a multi-coin electrum fork, that would.. like the name suggests.. allow multiple different coins to work on a single client. This would though require the Freicoin electrum version of the client to be BIP44 compliant though.

So.. I'll up my bounty to 5 Freihours for a version that is BIP44 compliant  :)

*edit: BTW, a little "bait" for devs.. theres a partially working electrum fork for Freicoin already, links discussion in this thread: https://freicoinalliance.com/topic/25-ann-freilectrum-pre-alpha-out-today/

• 3 weeks later...

On the subject of wallets :)

Have you guys seen the new NEOS coin wallet?

It is web browser based.

It has all the usual wallet info PLUS messaging, live prices, mining pools, block explorer, estimated BTC value of your wallet and lots of other cool stuff.

You can update the mining pools, exchanges etc centrally to all users with wallets (pretty cool). Excellent way of ensuring Freicoin users know where to mine and trade their FRC.

I took some screenshots if you dont want to install it to see for yourselves.

tOnpcIi.png

Though I can't offer anything in the way of useful skills to help the new wallet project I would be happy to donate towards the bounty.

I think the wallet needs updating, I'm happy with any new version to be honest.

If you would like a donation for the bounty please let me know the amount and wallet address.

I intend to make an electrum fork for FRC. I'll be working on that actively.

EDIT:

I have a working electrum-frc-server and electrum-frc. It's not quite complete. There are no reliable places that run electrum-frc-server so currently you have to run one on localhost. (Kind of defeats the purpose but hopefully someone with an available server will pop up.)

Currently electrum-frc is incomplete in that:

• 1.) It doesn't know anything about demurrage.
  • 2.) It doesn't check the difficulty of headers it's given. (Though honestly, the amount of security that the difficulty check adds is debatable, especially given that there will likely be few servers.)
  • 3.) Block explorers are still the old Bitcoin ones.

Anyway, if you have a server to connect to, electrum-frc currently works for sending/receiving FRC. Will finish it as soon as possible.

Hi kefikus,

thx for your effort. Some time ago Fedde offered to host an Electrum based server so maybe he can help you out.

One question, how can the client send something if he is not aware of the demurrage?

Thx,

Martin

Well, the client sends subscriptions to electrum-frc servers saying "these are my addresses, tell me if there are any txs involving them." The client can send txs, like in Bitcoin; if there's something erroneous, like: If demurrage has changed how many coins the client has, and the client tries to send those coins it still thinks that it owns, the transaction will still be transmitted to an electrum-frc server which will use the "sendrawtransaction" RPC command, which will return an error because the tx is invalid. Whether this will be reflected in the client, I'm not sure of ATM.

I need to research exactly how demurrage is implemented in FRC so I can implement that. By the way, you may want to consider re-implementing Freicoin on a fresh fork of Bitcoin, like the Namecoin folks are doing.

Has anyone contacted Mark [email protected] or Jorge [email protected] for help on this project just in case you need it Kefkius?

Send them off an email with your question and overview of your project so far they might be able to answer quickly if you get no reply here.

Keep up the effort and thanks for doing it.

https://github.com/Kefkius/electrum-frc

The latest code works; you can send and receive coins. Currently, the displayed balance only adjusts for demurrage on confirmed transactions, but the wallet will still ensure that you actually have the demurrage-adjusted balance you're trying to send before sending a transaction. (e.g. Your balance may show "1 FRC" but you will not be able to send 1 FRC, if you use the shortcut for 'send all balance' (an exclamation point), your demurrage-adjusted balance will be used.)

Also, thanks Bicknellski.

Thanks fedde. The main thing left to do is put in the difficulty target check. Freicoin uses a pretty unique algorithm for that. So what I'm doing is trying to find a balance between

• Calculating the target for/verifying the difficulty of every header, which requires saving every header to a file as soon as it's been verified (so that header can be read from the file in the next header's target calculation)
  • Not calculating difficulty targets.

The first option adds the most security at the cost of dramatically increasing resource usage (File read/writes happen for every block header, and the retarget algorithm runs for every block header).

The second option adds no security but adds no overhead.

Since one party controls all servers at the moment, the first option adds substantially less security (if any at all) since if the server operator wanted to be malicious, he could serve any arbitrary chain he wanted to as long as the difficulty checked out on the blocks.

I think go for it.

• Calculating the target for/verifying the difficulty of every header, which requires saving every header to a file as soon as it's been verified (so that header can be read from the file in the next header's target calculation)

The reason being is that FRC will be merge mined with BTC in the coming months and that makes is more important security wise right?

Then again this would be an ideal question to ask Jorge and Mark.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi i do not know how you contact the devs, they are now working on Bitcoin Core as far as i know (Mark Friedenbach and Jorge Timón). But there is a handful of guys around here that have knowledge about programming and Freicoins properties. I did a clone of Freicoin - Worldleadcurrency, so if there are any questions you can always ask us too.

And thank you for this great project!

Rik

You are right the best is when you use another pubkey to prevent users from using a Bitcoin address for Freicoin. But it is not necessary and the advantage is that you can use services like bitcoinaddress.org to generate Paperwallets for Freicoin too.

Rik