[Developer-Bounty] Freicoin Bounty - Desktop / Online Wallet - 23 Freihours (115.000 Freicoins) - Done

On 10.3.2016 at 2:09 AM, Bicknellski said:

It is not fun getting your Bitcoins back out of a Freicoin wallet or as I did put my Freicoins into a Bitcoin Wallet. Nightmare.

Something that would prevent that would be nice.

Well in principle it is possible but this means hole restructuring of the coin and most likely a hard fork of the client accepting the new addresses.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The transactions are shown now and the demurrage is calculated. The app crashes during sending cons, so some code is not properly working right now. Have to check this. Interestingly the demurrage calculation hangs up the phone when an old transaction is loaded in the account, so using BigDecimal seems problematic for long term usage. I will try to calculate it with another datatype.

Interesting how the activity in this forum is linked to the volatility of the bitcoin price.. ;-).

Anyway, the problem is at the moment the transactions are somehow missing the correct datafield (should be BUILDING but are UNKNOWN) when restarting coinomi:

05-24 21:24:43.431 27072-27250/com.coinomi.wallet.dev E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: ModernAsyncTask #4
                                                                        java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
                                                                            at android.support.v4.content.ModernAsyncTask$3.done(ModernAsyncTask.java:142)
                                                                            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerSetException(FutureTask.java:273)
                                                                            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:124)
                                                                            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:307)
                                                                            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137)
                                                                            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1076)
                                                                            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:569)
                                                                            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)
                                                                         Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Confidence type is UNKNOWN, not BUILDING
                                                                            at org.bitcoinj.core.TransactionConfidence.getAppearedAtChainHeight(TransactionConfidence.java:218)
                                                                            at com.coinomi.core.wallet.families.bitcoin.BitTransaction.getAppearedAtChainHeight(BitTransaction.java:108)
                                                                            at com.coinomi.wallet.ui.BalanceFragment$AbstractTransactionsLoader$2.compare(BalanceFragment.java:451)
                                                                            at com.coinomi.wallet.ui.BalanceFragment$AbstractTransactionsLoader$2.compare(BalanceFragment.java:434)
                                                                            at java.util.TimSort.countRunAndMakeAscending(TimSort.java:320)
                                                                            at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:185)
                                                                            at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:169)
                                                                            at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:2038)
                                                                            at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:1891)
                                                                            at com.coinomi.wallet.ui.BalanceFragment$AbstractTransactionsLoader.loadInBackground(BalanceFragment.java:429)
                                                                            at com.coinomi.wallet.ui.BalanceFragment$AbstractTransactionsLoader.loadInBackground(BalanceFragment.java:386)
                                                                            at android.support.v4.content.AsyncTaskLoader.onLoadInBackground(AsyncTaskLoader.java:296)
                                                                            at android.support.v4.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.doInBackground(AsyncTaskLoader.java:54)
                                                                            at android.support.v4.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.doInBackground(AsyncTaskLoader.java:42)
                                                                            at android.support.v4.content.ModernAsyncTask$2.call(ModernAsyncTask.java:128)
                                                                            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:305)
                                                                            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1076) 
                                                                            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:569) 

And when sending coins this error occurs:

05-24 21:20:20.249 21537-23098/com.coinomi.wallet.dev E/ServerClient: Could not get reply for blockchain.transaction.broadcast
                                                                      java.lang.IllegalStateException
                                                                          at com.coinomi.core.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:162)
                                                                          at com.coinomi.core.network.ServerClient.broadcastTxSync(ServerClient.java:655)
                                                                          at com.coinomi.core.network.ServerClient.broadcastTxSync(ServerClient.java:55)
                                                                          at com.coinomi.core.wallet.TransactionWatcherWallet.broadcastBitTxSync(TransactionWatcherWallet.java:1524)
                                                                          at com.coinomi.core.wallet.TransactionWatcherWallet.broadcastTxSync(TransactionWatcherWallet.java:1510)
                                                                          at com.coinomi.wallet.ui.MakeTransactionFragment$SignAndBroadcastTask.doInBackground(MakeTransactionFragment.java:664)
                                                                          at com.coinomi.wallet.ui.MakeTransactionFragment$SignAndBroadcastTask.doInBackground(MakeTransactionFragment.java:638)
                                                                          at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:287)
                                                                          at android.os.AsyncTask$SerialExecutor$1.run(AsyncTask.java:230)
05-24 21:20:20.369 21537-21537/com.coinomi.wallet.dev E/SendFragment: An unknown error occurred while sending coins
                                                                      java.lang.Exception: Error broadcasting transaction: c3a748b3da3462bfc73e4eaed432d79aa5691840aa104882e90fec25abbe1799
                                                                          at com.coinomi.wallet.ui.MakeTransactionFragment$SignAndBroadcastTask.doInBackground(MakeTransactionFragment.java:665)
                                                                          at com.coinomi.wallet.ui.MakeTransactionFragment$SignAndBroadcastTask.doInBackground(MakeTransactionFragment.java:638)
                                                                          at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:287)
                                                                          at android.os.AsyncTask$SerialExecutor$1.run(AsyncTask.java:230)

I dont know if anyone has experience with coinomi but maybe someone have a clue..

Rik.

23 hours ago, Rik8119 said:

Interesting how the activity in this forum is linked to the volatility of the bitcoin price.. ;-).

lol yea, we should better like it to the ethereum price :)

I guess soon bitcoin price will also be more volatile, down if etherum suceeds, up if not.

I hope that i contact marc how he wants to proceed with freicoin.

Without having the core devs fixing at least the basics its very very hard.

22 hours ago, Arcurus said:

I hope that i contact marc how he wants to proceed with freicoin.

Without having the core devs fixing at least the basics its very very hard.

Thats true, thank you for your effort!

I found out that the problem is that the appeared height (block with the transaction in it), cannot be read from the transaction details. If i set it manually to some random blockheight the wallet starts at least. So i guess its some issue with the protobuffer language that decode the raw data, which i am nor very familiar with. Anyhow at least i can send transactions now. The problem here was that i calculated the demurrage too late during transaction generation.

Rik

Hi everybody, thanks to a very good tip from @Skirmant i solved the storage problem for the transactions. I will upload the wallet. If anybody interested in helping to test i can send you some WLC to test. Greetings Rik.

P. S. Freicoin is not included yet, but when i finished the tests this is only a minor part.

Hi Bicknellski,

do you compile and install the coinomi wallet from source www.github.com/Rikski/coinomi-android or do you install the old one?

I Wanted to test the new Coinomi wallet with WLC support http://www.winc-ev.org/english/downloads-contact/ . Can you install this wallet and try it? Sending some coins from and back into the wallet? Thanks a lot.

I have completed some Transactions (Samsung Galaxy S3 mini), but i want also to have it tested on other phones.

Super, thanks a lot. The one WLC you received is your Basic income. The new wallet only uses 8-10 mb of storage and can store a lot of currencies at the same time with one seed. Additionally it is a lot faster because it is only storing the transactions and the main work is done on the electrum server.

I tested it now also on a Jolla Phone and it is working there too.

great work!

by the way, is the freicoin electrum server working? Just tested the wallet and i could not connect to a server :/

P.s..: According to Riks theory shouldnt we as Freicoiners now more active again when Bitcoin is rising :) I would love to start with the basic income project!

I tried sending some WLC from my laptop to my phone. Nothing arrived although it is confirmed sent.

Date: 6/7/2016 09:03
To: Phone WLC 1D4y5A9aKCWZVP6jx6FehKcNvKEQWJmL6i
Debit: -1.00749102 WLC
Transaction fee: -0.00000000299775179737639529556319717527858527835831855059531426112155921010339436338920648950079339556396007537841796875 WLC
Net amount: -1.00749102299775179737639529556319717527858527835831855059531426112155921010339436338920648950079339556396007537841796875 WLC
Reference Height: 58705
Transaction ID: b1672ce455cb22407773e7fee79a65fc19d156883ee26d36e3430ffccdae7cad

So it is not working properly on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android.

Hi Bicknellski,

thanks for testing. Can you look again? i have restarted the server. It looks like the transactions are only updated when i restart the server. I contacted @fedde cause he has experience with the electrum server but he said that this was never a problem during his testing.

Rik