[FA Hangouts] Hangout #6

[Hangout #6]
When - ?
Where - Mumble, server: mumble.freicoinalliance.com | IRC, channel: #Freicoin (@freenode)
Duration - ?
Topics - Freieconomy, basic income, common aims, +++++

- - - - -

Would be a great time to catch up with some of the project stuff and to get opinions from people on which projects/aims would be the most beneficial to concentrate on together.. so.. would people be free during this week to participate in a hangout? :)

• 11 months later...

Lets try this tomorrow!

https://freicoinalliance.com/topic/113-alliance-how-do-we-proceed/#entry1412

I would like to suggest a standing meeting time for Blab.im. It is an open video chat format that we can record and upload to YouTube.

One thing we are lacking is a following. Miners particularly and given the weakness of the coin it might be important that we do more to be inclusive. I think an open format where we can discuss Freicoin and a universal income might be a good way to draw more subscribers to Freicoin.

Here is the first Blab come talk about Freicoin here everyone. We can adjust the time. All you need is a twitter account.

https://blab.im/darin-m-bicknell-freicoin-alliance-presents-the-future-of-freicoin-a-digital-currency

Tuesday January 12th @ 11:00am Jakarta Time 

See you there everyone. Let us discuss the FUTURE of FREICOIN. The Freicoin Report will be a weekly show for the FA. I will be there each week. If you want to change the time let me know I am available anytime to do this.

I will host and moderate.

Show Notes:

1. Basic introduction of Freicoin.

2. Introduction of FA members in attendance.

3. Discuss the Future of Freicoin.

4. Audience Q & A.

5. Basic information on how to contact the Freicoin Alliance.

Was just me and Bick so we decided to just try out the system and not record this time. 
The platform however was very nice! Definately something we should use for the community hangouts from now on. We're gonna try to have a blab/hangout once a week.
There are some limits on Blab currently, so we can use Mumble/alternative for the occasions (more than 4 active speakers, to discuss something confidential, etc.).

But lets continue in the Blab thread: 

In Blab? There doesnt seem to be an option for it, but the system will recognize your connection speed and disable the video automatically if your connection is too slow. It will still try to stream the audio.. so with a real slow connection, it will lag out the chat :( The audio doesnt take too much bandwidth, but the website itself is a bit heavy.. not too bad though, so hopefully theres some internet cafes around there that can handle it :) Around what part of India are ye at?

*edit: In mumble you can choose the voice quality from the client, so you can set it as low as 8kbit/s.

hmmm, I seem to be to late. thought that is 17:00 indien time :/ but seems to be 14:00. also didnt get any mail anymore from the forum :/

maybe we can meet tomorrow 14:00 indien time / 3:30 jarkata time in freicoin irc?

generally i can look to be more in the freicoin irc if someone want to meet.

Ahh daymn Arcurus :I No recording from this time neither.. I was late (weird problems with the forums for me too) and was just Bick and Canin_Able there again.

Maybe we can try the blab again tomorrow? Or Arcurus, if you have the chance to try it today, we can see if it works for you? If it turns out to be too laggy/troublesome, then lets indeed just agree on a time for conversating mainly here on the forums. We can still chat on IRC, Blab, Mumbles, or whatever on the side, but lets have the main points in the forum during the discussing. Then attach the logs of whatever people used when we're done.

It might be good to try and pick a time best for Arcurus. So I hope I have this right. India has a weird half hour time shift just like Newfoundland in Canada I hope that is correct.

Here is the link:https://blab.im/darin-m-bicknell-freicoin-alliance-blab-e02s01

If the link doesn't work just look on the main BLAB page for LIVE blabs and click on the Freicoin Alliance Blab. I will email everyone on the Alliance and interested people.

EP01SE01.png.84773b88adf760184d3a953c04a

Event Time inBengaluru, India

14:00IST
Wednesday, 20 January 2016
END 15:00

Converted TimeJakarta, Indonesia

15:30WIB
END 16:30

Converted TimeHelsinki, Finland

10:30EET
END 11:30

Converted TimeBarcelona, B, Spain

09:30CET
END 10:30

Converted TimeLos Angeles, CA, U.S.A.

00:30PST
END 01:30

yea, thx, got the invitation and the time is displayed correctly at 14:00 tamil nadu time :). i try my best to be there at time, but currently little bit tricky to grantee here in india, you never know what happens :)

currenly i mange only to be in the chat, because i am in public space that i dont want to disturb, and so or so the connection is tricky here in india. maybe i can manage to find some headphone, but i guess i forgot it to bring to india :/