CMS Solar Genset, Tracker and Ebike Project

Here is our next project plan at CMS for Indonesia that we have started working on.

Mission: Provide a prototype for a portable solar array for rural or remote areas in Indonesia that have underserviced / overly expensive electrical infrastructure.

1. Develop a prototype of the a portable solar array.

2. Share the design and build process with local NGO's in Indonesia.

3. Gather donations to help prototyping and support a train the trainers program to have local trainers spread the design and build throughout Indonesia.

Creative Commons Design: SOLN1 v3  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Y5TvWpWoQ#t=109

SOLN1 v3

Inside.jpg

Our first solar 50W panel. We bought it used for 250,000 Rp. This will be the base of the portable solar power generator.

20150107_082914_zpsd8b06a35.jpg

Bick, are you thinking of maybe funding this project with the microloan project as well? Or maybe applying / allowing donations for it? I'd be happy to contribute towards this ^^
We now also have section for free / atlernative energy, so I'd be happy to see some updates/progress posts.. or just some planning talk in there :) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We have completed the build for the basics for the solar charger but we have 1 dead LiFePo4 battery that we need to get RMA on so I am working on that. We also got a quote on installing a solar array at our school.

Here is the 50W panel battery pack charging power banks from used laptop batteries we repurposed.

powerbanks_zpsweeula2d.jpg