It is crazy how loose everything is at the moment. Remember the days when if something was pre-mined they were hated on. Even ripple when it came out was not liked by the community.

Well what ways can we help to get more help to you? If i could provide technical skill i would, but i cant because i have 0 skill. i can spare some donations here and there but i dont think we have enough people to get a good enough kitty up to provide an incentive to get more devs on board.

maybe we get a kitty together and put it all on red or black? B) a few times atleast haha

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, regarding releases...should we keep working on 0.9 for the next release and also start working on a 0.15 rebase for the next after that one?  

Freicoin was almost dead and has recently come back through grass roots efforts: Fedde built a new exchange, and a new explorer was built showing demurrage paid. There was a wallet update last August.

It's time to re-start this thread. As mentioned in another thread, I've been professionally busy non-stop for some months on a couple of different projects. That is currently slated to change with my

21 hours ago, Mark Friedenbach said:

I can't agree enough that we are currently limited by developer time. We need more developers.

However I'm very cautious about the ICO craze. ICOs are securities offerings, and doing or promoting an unlicensed securities offering is a serious offense punished by massive fines, jail time, and a lifetime ban of working in the industry. People haven't been burned ... yet. But it's just a matter of time. It can be frustrating to watch developers with nearly zero experience raise huge sums of money for poorly defined projects, and even more frustrating to see the biggest offenders get a pass by regulatory authorities as they are grandfathered in under the new regime. However I'd still rather do this the right way, the morally and legally justifiable way, even if that road is a little harder.

The situation is not so dire though. The features I would like to get into this new freicoin are mostly already written -- it's just a matter of polish and integration.

I'll be helpful on the debugging if needed, twisted my head twice on the 0.9 before it woke up from the grave so i might be helpful at other things too ;)

Well, I'll be ready! With the 0.9 wallet, I learned how to compile it on my Mac, because my linux computer was 32 bit and Windows is crap. Once my home renos are done, I'll be buying a new 64 bit tower to run linux, and will be eagerly anticipating testing/compilling the next wallet! (PS I still think its rather cool that I am the only one running a 0.9 on my MAC :-p)

12 hours ago, Skaro said:

Well, I'll be ready! With the 0.9 wallet, I learned how to compile it on my Mac, because my linux computer was 32 bit and Windows is crap. Once my home renos are done, I'll be buying a new 64 bit tower to run linux, and will be eagerly anticipating testing/compilling the next wallet! (PS I still think its rather cool that I am the only one running a 0.9 on my MAC :-p)

Any chance of a step through on how to do it for a complete noob? Im using freiexchange as my wallet as i can never get the wallet to work :(

• 1 year later...

Well being this is the “Future of Freicoin” thread, it seems it could use a note here.

With Maaku’s announcement of ‘Forward Blocks’ and the implementation of such tech on Freicoin, a new era in Freicoin is born. The buy wall for FreiExchange has shot up by 4x, and other such financial indications.

Perhaps now, with the increasing price of Freicoin, @Arcurus can get a phone number and join us on Telegram. With @Mark Friedenbach working obviously on code, perhaps the rest of us need to restart that nagging of what OTHER things are necessary AROUND Freicoin like new mining pools, web apps etc.

To the Moon!

Slides: http://freico.in/forward-blocks-scalingbitcoin-slides.pdf

Paper: http://freico.in/forward-blocks-scalingbitcoin-paper.pdf

Video: 

Relevant tweets:

• Bicknellski unpinned this topic
  • 9 months later...