Freicoin Giveaway to encourage cooperation, sharing of knowledge and a non harming fair economy

Hi All,

to make it more simple what do you think about starting an Freicoingiveaway to get some thinks started?

I would suggest to give up to 500.000 Freicoins away, so that the giveaway gets some attention.

The giveaway addresses individuals as equal as organisations (projects / enterprises)

Everybody can apply through posting in the liquid democracy Adhocracy plattform why he / she is eligible to take part in the giveawy.

Everybody is encouraged to comment on applications, as long as the comments stay polite.

Applications from verified / known individuals / organizations naturally will have an higher priority.

Applications can get follow up grants / giveaways in the future.

The more an application fits to the goal of the Freicoin Alliance the more likely an giveaway will be given.

The goal is to encourage cooperation, sharing of knowledge and a non harming fair economy.

In short:
- Encourage an fair economy

- Encourage cooperation.
- Encourage moving from harming to an non harming economy!
- Encourage transparency

- Encourage sharing of knowledge

- Encourage decentralization

- Encourage proagation of Freicoin

... Feel free to add

Examples could be:

- helping somebody

- Installing / testing or programming some free / open source software

- growing own food

- donating some time or money to charities / common good projects

- educate oneself, or help to educate others

- help to propagate Freicoin

- using Freicoin to buy some thing

- verifying their account per video chat / local meeting

- donging something, what you never did

- encourage decentralization

- buy / propagate ecological products

- donate to common good projects and organizations

- helping the underprivileged

What do you think?

All the good,

MArtin

Here are some giveaway suggestions for testing the micro lending and freipay project:

Give 10% extra to each made loan plus limit the max given Freicoins per user to be fair.

Something similar we could to with simple freipays tests.

Like 10% Freicoins for donations made in bitcoin to bitcoin (just to dirstibute freicoins and support donations)

25% from Freicoin to bitcoin

50% from Freicoin to Freicoin

If needed this would be limited per user like 5 freihours (50 dollar) per month per user.

For the initial test I would suggest round about 300.000 Freicoins, thats currently round about one bitcoin.

If it goes well we could extend it, and increase amount and add also payments to whitelisted projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey hey :) 
Like the idea of distributing some of the FA's Freicoins, Arcurus, *nods*

While I have doubts (note: I'm not educated at all about economics) in "public" giveaways (where you just hand out free coins, like faucets) being that productive/beneficial, I like the idea of supporting co-operation and encouraging propagating ideals of Freicoin.

Maybe you guys can comment on an idea I've been thinking of giving a try here locally?
Offer giveaways for common-good projects, for example: 
Have one day (for starters) a week, when you offer 10 FRC (or 1FreiHour) / hour salary for anyone that participates in a project for helping out the elderly, cleaning up/enhancing the public services, etc.

"Public services" would be something that would enhance the local community in some way. Like here in this town; having an excercise/bingo/oldies music/documentary/chatting night in the local hospital, having an after-school "hangout" for school kids, or de-snowing the jogging or commonly used sightseeing routes.

In this way, we could maybe link this to the Freination project?

BTW, from what I've understood, the Sidechain project by Blockstream seems to have had positive experiences and has progressed pretty nicely. Theres some features in there that would be nice to have in Freicoin as well... so, as the Freicoin ~wallets are still based on pretty old version of Bitcoin.. should we be trying to attract testers and/or developers to work on that? Or maybe wait and see how the Sidechain project develops and not risk "wasting" the resources on "if's"?

Hi Fab,

about economics in the beginning if you want to bring a currency in circulation it is like that:

- first you must give it out on masses, but fair, the more you reach the more easy, the better

- then slowly you reduce this amount.

The idea you suggest is exactly what I outlined in the concept I sent to you some weeks ago.

In short the idea is: 1 hour work for the common good / enterprises that take care of the common good receive some amount of Freicoins for each hour.

In away this is also one part of what is suggested on top of this topic, but not with that much rules in it....

I think more detailed rules can be develop out of the experience from the giveway.

For the sidechain project... For sure it would be nice to have. Currently as far as I know Mark needs people to test the new Freicoin Client.

So yea for sure it would be good to have testers for that.

But this is independed from the Freicoin giveways, we have now some coins, time to give them away, the good is in Freicoin, that even if we have no coins we could use a part of the demurraged coins in the future.

For the giveaway it would be enough to have at least one functioning wallet. I suggest to test the one from:

https://cointopay.com/

Would be great to start with the giveaways the next days.

Yups :)

Would anyone else have some interest in participating with ideas and maybe contribute some time for this? :)
Maybe we can try and have a meetup on IRC/mumble after a long while again :)

I'll be hanging on the FA Mumble during the days anyways too, so if anyones up for random chatting, hit me up there! (Warning: my finglish is very viking like mumbling :D)

I am going to be asking our students to develop dutch bucket hydroponic systems that can help feed small families. This is something that can be subsidized as we are going to give labor freely as well as demonstrating to poor families how to maintain dutch bucket systems.

This might be worthy of donations. I will have to brief my students and do a pilot project in school first then expand out to the community, 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Have been working with the new IPFS p2p protocol (https://ipfs.io/) and have scraped and added (http://www.freicoin.org/) to the system which can be viewed here:

https://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmZdwSaLQ54hE6T9a6tovuoX5PHkaPRYjqtAV9vMY6M7mh/

I intend to add many more informative sites to that list and am willing to host them from my home network on a dedicated machine. Currently im using an old laptop for this but i have another PC that will be set up for a more permanent installation.

I hope this can be of some use and would like to thank Fabrizio for pointers and tips on getting this up and running.

Thank you for your time.

Jay.

'Oy 'oy Dicky! :) Nice to have ye posting here at the FA forums ^^ 
"Winter is coming!! Lets get ready!!" Hehe ;)

But yah, I've also played around with IPFS for the last few weeks and looking to learn more about Ethereum... was planning to do so already last week.. but got sidetracked with some white paper reading and cruise ship funtimes :D
Anyways, I'd totally support the idea of using some of the FA funds for a giveaway for hosting material (documents, documentaries, wiki's&opensource books related to Freicoin ideals, etc.) on IPFS. I'm not sure if theres already an opensource project for monitoring IPFS nodes/node availability.. but I'd guess we could get something sorted out for this (distribute FRC according to node availability, resource/bandwith use, or something similar?) :) Accomplishing this with Ethereum contracts (via Oracles/API's or such) would be ideal.. but I think we could try this out a bit more centralized fashion first? 

Thx Fabs! Aye' tis gonna be brass monkeys this winter heh :P

Literally just scratching the surface with IPFS it has a lot of potential and combined with Ethereum could be very usefull :) Not sure if there is a monitoring tool at the moment but im sure its in the pipeline.

If ya need a guinea pig for testing m8 give us a holla! :D

• 1 month later...

Some playing around done the past month and IPFS feels more and more as something to change the internet world :) It's gotten few new tools and projects to complement the tech, along with nice updates to the existing ones ^^

IPFS is very easy to promote, as it can be demoed on all web browsers just by showing a normal looking website, but explain its working on IPFS :) "Its just like the internet, it just works behind the scenes differently"

Hosting stuff on IPFS is very simple too. It does quire installing an package, but its similar in installation to iTunes and such.

Ethereum indeed seems to offer quite powerful features... but I'm very much too novice with code to do any majik with them :P So at first it'd be probably easoer to look into the centralized way of doing things :)

• 3 weeks later...

My students are ready to receive and divide up the 200.000 FRC Arc suggested.

Challenges:

1. Android FRC Wallet where can they download it?
2. Iphone FRC Wallet where can they download it?
3. I have asked one student to take the donation directly and then distribute it. I will have her post a note in the forum here for that with wallet information.

How should we proceed?

I'd guess its an issue with the theme that the Info and Tools section is missing. Fedde started looking for a better theme the other day, but went missing after that... probably went to raid the swedes for beer.. I heard the snows suprised them norwegians and covered all their storages, so they cant find their own drinks :P

Threw new links for the android .apk's in here:

22 hours ago, Bicknellski said:

How should we proceed?

i would be ready to donate the 200.000 Freicoins to the alliance for the bicks school project.

molly can then give the 200.000 K plus matching to bick from the alliance founds we have. currently this would be then 210.000. ( we are still waiting for the other 90% :))

the kids can then do some projects with that and report about it in the alliance forum.

if it is functioning well bick + the kids could register their project directly on the freicoin foundation web for the following donations.

My FRC Mobile Wallet: 1C25JPG5xkru1QFmQBqrWWgQxonMbD38zh
Students FRC Mobile Wallet: 1Q6smMCXuJEgugBMMFqhXZR7PjtXbCnxbL

I am not able to send anything out of any of my wallets currently. I will back up or reinstall on my phone and try again.

My laptop is having issues  as there are no active connections and no block source available. I uninstalled and reinstalled the wallet and then changed networks still no connection.

I will have kids distribute their FRC and they have to write an explanation of what they intend to do with the coins.

The kids have been told this is a no strings attached grant so they can do whatever they want with the FRC as long as they provide a report online to the forum about their plans and usage of the FRC.

15 hours ago, Bicknellski said:

My FRC Mobile Wallet: 1C25JPG5xkru1QFmQBqrWWgQxonMbD38zh
Students FRC Mobile Wallet: 1Q6smMCXuJEgugBMMFqhXZR7PjtXbCnxbL

I am not able to send anything out of any of my wallets currently. I will back up or reinstall on my phone and try again.

My laptop is having issues  as there are no active connections and no block source available. I uninstalled and reinstalled the wallet and then changed networks still no connection.

I had this problem on my Jolla too, couldnt send but received OK. Had to remove the application and manually remove the files from the app cache.

The node problem is common too and we need to get some stable nodes on the network. I think fedde has one running on his FreiDC.. if not, hopefully he can get one up :) I'll put one up shortly too.
In the meantime, this one has worked for others (add via console with 'addnone'): node.freico.in . It'll take some minutes (theres a bug in the node discovery) to connect.

15 hours ago, Bicknellski said:

I will have kids distribute their FRC and they have to write an explanation of what they intend to do with the coins.

The kids have been told this is a no strings attached grant so they can do whatever they want with the FRC as long as they provide a report online to the forum about their plans and usage of the FRC.

Awesome! I'll get the OpenCart shop installed again to have atleast one place to spend their coins :) I've got a lot of textiles, maybe theres some kids in your class that could be attracted to knitting and sewing related stuff, hehe.     .... *hmm* Actually, maybe we can have a Freicoin Giveaway related project, something like this:

- Put up a Thread for designing anything positive and/or Freicoin related art from textiles, paper/cardboard, flowers, recycled junk, anything!
- Give anyone that submits an picture of their work certain amount of FRC
  -- Static amount like 1 000 FRC (a bit of a budgeting problem)
  -- OR allocate like 100 000 FRC and divide equally amongts the participants
? Vote a "winner" for a little bonus and post the work on FA Articles section.
? Do some social media stuff, like tweet it out

Still unable to get mobile wallet working properly.

Need to spend the weekend on that. 

I have sent from my laptop to my student to test the time it takes to send the FRC:

Date: 1/22/2016 08:12
To: This is Nada Test. 1Q6smMCXuJEgugBMMFqhXZR7PjtXbCnxbL
Debit: -102.76698206 FRC
Transaction fee: -0.0000000092797680899046851369380483823274095123334791240446161516388352374744286077401511647622101008892059326171875 FRC
Net amount: -102.7669820692797680899046851369380483823274095123334791240446161516388352374744286077401511647622101008892059326171875 FRC
Reference Height: 138725
Transaction ID: 0a3985d9cefbe98b119bd1238e5c9ab2107c1a74f626d1857417e009304793aa

I think having a store up is good. Not sure if the kids will be interested but I will provide the link when you are set. Let me know.

11 Confirmations however the students phone and Android has no peer connections and is not able to receive or send FRC.

The app exchange rate functionality is working but it seems nothing else is for sending and receiving as there are no peers.

I have the same issue with my Android FRC Wallet App.

On my desktop there are 4 connections so ya. I have tried deleting and reinstalling but I need to track down the loose app files and try and remove those again.

Is anyone else using Mobile Wallet app and it is working without issue?