Open Online Meetup! [Mumble + IRC(/SILC)]

A bit of quiet time in the Freicoin Alliance for the 2015 as most of us have had life take us to different activities and paths to walk on, but - be it a leading by the spirits, signs of the times, or just coincidence - many of us are coming back together for the beginning of 2016! :) And since there seems to be a lot of similar minded and enthusiastic people around the cryptoscene, who have been pondering on and working with common questions to build beneficial features and layers for different communities during the year.. we should start sharing resources and working with other groups more!
So lets try to have an open meetup!

Shoutout to guruvan from the MAZA circles! :) Have had very similar ideas and inspiring convos with him the past week and got me to get this thread started ^^

When - Week 2 / 2016 ?
Where -

-- Mumble, server: mumble.freicoinalliance.com

-- IRC, channel: #??? (@freenode?)
 -- SILC, channel: #??? (@silc.freicoinalliance.com)

Duration - 2 hours

Topics - Ideas & tools for community oriented common good projects.

- What features/functionality is beneficial to different scenarios or services

- What platforms are already out there that offers such features (Bitcoin, IPFS, Ethereum, Colored Coins / other token systems, etc. etc.)

- What tools/services are already out there that offers services that could be used to benefit communities working on interesting/beneficial platform?

- What community tools are available to tinker "tailored" feature packages for building a system for the shared ideas?

Time is still prettymuch open, but lets aim for during the week 2 :) Leave dates and times you would be available! 

Also feel free to comment with any topics, ideas and/or projects you see beneficial! 

@thx Fab

I would be happy if the meeting is as soon as poissible. The later the less change that I can join.

Some topics from me:

1. How to make an easy Freicoin giveaway + using the donation matching

2. How to update the homepage

3. How to bring the donation matching script to run

4. Who would want to coin in an Freicoin basic income expriment?

Thats all from me for the moment happy new year,

Arcurus

Alright! I'll try to PERRKELE them Maza guys a bit and get them post their availability for the early next week :)

The donation matching script topic could be a little FRC specific and we could have it on the FA meetup maybe, but the other topics would be relevant for this hangout as well ^^

I think the Maza peoples are looking to upgrade their website and other stuff too, so we could try to agree on some common tools (like IPFS) and procedures to align better co-working :) 

*edit: BTW, some cool IPFS tools listed in here: https://github.com/ipfs/awesome-ipfs

Hey Rik! :)

With MAZA circles I mean the Mazacoin developers and community :) They're also a small community, but the developers are pretty active and have done some nice contributions to Bitcoin-sphere over the years ^^
(Two cool projects for both bitcoin+altcoins from those guys: https://github.com/mazaclub/hashmaland https://github.com/mazaclub/encompass)

Their channels on IRC (@freenode): #MAZA and #MAZA-dev | and webpage: https://mazacoin.org(theyre doing website upgrade currently, apparently aiming towards more community orientation/interaction?)

But unfortunately nope, havent gotten the people together to have the meeting. The start of the year seems to be busybeeing for most :D
Teehee, I will have to start bugging people a bit to try and have this meeting held, I'd be so excited to work on any projects fitting the Freicoin ideals for common-good goals! Like MAZA, I'd see it beneficial to have the websites updated with more up-to-date information.. and possibly on a platform that allows more easy&flexible ways for community participation (like IPFS+Github etc.) :)

Rik, would you be interested in participating? What would you prefer as the platform; forum/IRC/voice/other? :)

Hey Rik! :)

With MAZA circles I mean the Mazacoin developers and community :) They're also a small community, but the developers are pretty active and have done some nice contributions to Bitcoin-sphere over the years ^^

(Two cool projects for both bitcoin+altcoins from those guys: https://github.com/mazaclub/hashmaland https://github.com/mazaclub/encompass)

Their channels on IRC (@freenode): #MAZA and #MAZA-dev | and webpage: https://mazacoin.org(theyre doing website upgrade currently, apparently aiming towards more community orientation/interaction?)

But unfortunately nope, havent gotten the people together to have the meeting. The start of the year seems to be busybeeing for most :D

Teehee, I will have to start bugging people a bit to try and have this meeting held, I'd be so excited to work on any projects fitting the Freicoin ideals for common-good goals! Like MAZA, I'd see it beneficial to have the websites updated with more up-to-date information.. and possibly on a platform that allows more easy&flexible ways for community participation (like IPFS+Github etc.) :)

Rik, would you be interested in participating? What would you prefer as the platform; forum/IRC/voice/other? :)

Hi Fab,

what a pitty so many good developers working on Bitcoinclones without demurrage ;-). However nice sideprojects.

Though i do not see what is special about the coin beside the fast difficulty adjustment, or do i miss something?

To the question: Yes i would be interested in participating and i would prefer voice - it is more personal and direct in a small group.

Hehehe, yeah :) I'm still surprised there not being more demurrage experiments in crypto-sphere.. especially since Basic Income topic is getting more and more popular ;)

But anyways.. about Mazacoin.. yeah, I can see its not that special altcoin/altchain from the surface looks of it for many. Indeed there's not much to differentiate it from the most other altchains on the technical side, but for me, the projects goals and aimed community is an exciting environment :) Too long of a subject to give mi full view on the project, so I'll just say I'm very hopeful that MAZA, with its dedicated and skilled developers, will offer real-life solutions and possibilities for the Native American communities to truly have independence and flourish as a nation ^^

I agree on the voice :) Though I can understand if some of us that have english as second language and are a bit rusty with it, are not too eager for that.
So.. mabby would be nice if everyone could join the voice chat and listen in, but also have everyone on certain IRC/SILC/other chat channel, so people who dont have the possibility/will to talk could comment on the chat :)