Long time no chat!

22 hours ago, kieranf said:

G'day strangers!

Hows everyone doing? still ticking along i see. Ive been pretty busy with work so i gave up the crypto mining. Miss the random chats tho.

Anyways, thought id say hey. Cant see a chat box anywhere so i guess you guys don't use one like in the old days on Joes pool.

Hope all is well!

Kieran

Welcome back.

Hi there, maybe you have some more time now? Or is it just chatting? Around here there is not too much traffic anymore. I guess the overall interest in alternative currencies is gone - people forget to fast what happened 2007-08. The Bitcoinhype has also slowed down and everybody is looking at bitcoin right now, as the halving stands before the door..

Maybe a good time to by alts (ok excluding ethereum).

I will try to pop on more, working away on a mine site with horrible internet doesn't help a lot.

It sure seems like the only coins people want anything to do with are Bitcoin and Ethereum at the present. Its funny to have taken a break for so long and to notice that its still the same people (and some new faces) championing for Freicoin yet the people who developed it have washed their hands. 

I know the coin has a long history now. Could it be time to use the lessons that could be learnt of the advantages and disadvantages of Freicoin and possibly look into developing a new coin?

Just a view from someone who has been away for a bit! 

Kieran

Hi Kieran,

this is exactly what i did. I called it worldleadcurrency i founded the WINC association to administer it and made it a voucher. It has 20% demurrage 1% is given to miners and 99% of all coins are payed as a basic income for everyone that registers at verify.winc-ev.com. Additional the coin has merge mining integrated what makes it more stable (though it blows up the blockchain size). I try also to integrate POS during my rare freetime - the theory is clear but to integrate it is rather hard because i do not want the standard POS. It can be traded at c-cex.com. The coin needs a good explorer and an electrumserver but i hope this will be done in the next few month..

Rik

P. S. I wouldn't give up on Freicoin it still has a fanbase (though in hibernation) ;-)

@kieranf¨Hope all is well! ¨

for sure :)

lessons learned from Freicoin:

- clear vision / roadmap

- more active coordination / strong leadership needed between main developers, foundation directors and community

- people have to meet personally, or regular with video chat

- having an foundation without using the foundation is a no go

- having no or too busy core developers is a no go

What we has Freicoins have to fix is:

- solving the current block creation problem (for example through merge mining or using foundation coins to support miners)

- having an updated website with updated wallets

- having at least one functioning exchange

- having a regular (at least once a month) better instant payout though foundation

not that difficult but...

For me always the interesting part is how we could use the coins to support projects like basic income, ethical enterprises and so on.

My suggestion is simple: basic income to all. 50% free use, 50% for common good projects / usage support*

How could that look?

For example if you buy something from an verified ethical enterprise using the coin you get it 10% cheaper. These 10% come from the other 50% part of the basic income.

The basic income is distributed though using the demurrage.

Lets say the coin reach 10 Euro worth basic income per member per month. With that each member has an incentive to use the coin to buy up to 100 Euro from participating ethical enterprises that support a freedom based society.

Lets say we have 1000 members, that would sum up to 100.000 Euros worth of sales per month.

Currently in average an EU citizen has round about 30.000 to 36.000 Euro. 10%  of that would be 3.600 Euro. Divided through 12 month this would be 300 Euro per month. 

So 10 -30 Euro should be possible to reach if the members use the currency for 3% to 10% of their purchases :) 

Currently I follow up these projects that go into the direction of an basic income:

Freicoin

http://freico.in/

Coopen / Basic income currency focus on usability in combination with cooperation platform  (not yet started but very passionate :) )

http://coopen.io/

UCoin (Fully Basic income coin Web of Trust based) (starting soon i guess)

http://en.ucoin.io/

Circles (Basic Income on Ethereum) (starting soon I guess)

http://forum.aboutcircles.com/

World lead currency (Riks Freicoin based basic income currency) started but for sure rik know more :)

http://www.winc-ev.org/

My students will be ready to help out with the Universal Credit idea now but with Freicoin we have to get the coin circulating and cut the throats of whomever is trying to ride the coin down both with the massive pulse of mining and leaving it dead as well as cutting the throats of those trying to ride the price down. Also we really need Jorge and Mark to make that roadmap for updating the coin known.