Freicoin Loan - Learning to Make Chocolate

On 9/7/2016 at 4:07 AM, Bicknellski said:

Okay got it.
Verified your address and added it to the loan agreement 1C4JHE16YJHrE8pQtYaRh9pqG6qJsC9Upm

Just to make sure it was this transaction correct Fabrizio?

Yup, thats correct :)

Sent the tx for 95usd worth of BTC :)

BTW, note that when you add the address to the loan agreement, the signature will change.
So for example, now that my and Arcurus's addresses are added in there, when I sign the agreement again it produces different hash ;) So for clarity, it maybe would be good that we all sign the same agreement without the addresses? Or then sign it when all the addresses are in there :) 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Freicoiners, Our school is again interested in getting a microloan in Freicoin so 4 students and 1 teacher can go and get a 3-hour morning program with professional che

Hi @Bicknellski , i do not have too much time at the moment. For me it is enough when you tell me an address that is only for my payment and i sent you the BTC there and post the address for payback h

Finished pralines and chocolate bars ready to ship. More awesome news. Two orders totalling 13 more boxes of 9 came in Monday (today as of post). And we have shipped the 50 boxes of the big orde

Posted Images

Got it Fab thanks,

Hi Darin Michael Bicknell,

You received a Bitcoin payment:

Bitcoin Received : 0.15432 BTC
TX Hash : b76cb5262d16bea1d4cc487ce1640bb1f360c1502f6972907f489ccca50203f6
Time : 8-Sep-16 10:25 (UTC+7)

Thank you for using Bitcoin.co.id!

NOTICE  Bitcoin trading can be considered a high-risk activity, where Bitcoin prices are volatile, and can swing wildly, from day to day. Please use your extreme judgement when making the decision to invest in, or to sell, Bitcoins. PT. Bitcoin Indonesia is not soliciting for users to buy or sell Bitcoins, as an investment, or for profit. All Bitcoin trading decisions should be made independently by the user.

Yes the signature changes when I add new addresses. So eventually when all the lenders addresses are set the loan agreement and the signature will be complete that is the last revision. If you would like to send me a revised signature do that only after all this is done meaning I have everyone's addresses added to the message. You know but really the main contract is enough and the signature the first time is all I need to confirm that the address is actually you. Also there is a long delay in repayment so if someone is scamming and stolen an account etc or trying something you would have plenty of time to contact Fedde about that or me etc. 

Notes:

1. If people don't sign the message it is not a problem for me. I will just leave (Unverified) next to the address though. I do this also out of habit because when I did OTC Bitcoin trading and made contracts in the bitcoin forum it was a requirement to digitally prove that you had control over the address to make the exchange work with an escrow. It was the only safe way to do it. I once held I think it was 80,000 USD in a contract. Ugh I was so scared of something happening to that wallet and the triple back ups I made.

2. Again I can pay off these loans personally as the amount it quiet low so I am not too bothered how this works. I am good for the bitcoin or the USD.

To accounting currency:

Yes I can understand that you have exchange risk, especially with using Freicoins. To cover that I suggested to grant some extra Freicoins, so that there is an incentive to use Freicoins. And yes, for this loan it does not matter so much which currency we choose, its more generally a question how we want to handle loans. Therefore I suggested to use a fair stable Value like Freihours / or you can also call it inflation free dollars (the interest would be the inflation during the loan period). Generally I would also combine it with some kind of basic income / universal dividend so even if the price drops dramatically of Rupia you could use the universal dividend to pay back.

To the loan contract:

I think its not clear to which Freicoin exchange rate you will pay back. And if you prefer to payback in Freicoins, I would like to prefer to use another Freicoin related payback address.

2 hours ago, Arcurus said:

I also send now to 0.15432 BTC like Fab.

In case you send Freicoins back, please use this address: 16qhfJtrwCvNwRBA9efqAUVoonrPPkD25y

Freicoin? 

Given it would just be us on Fedde exchange let us just use Bitcoin.

Got it holding in reserve I hope the Rupiah doesn't crash. Again as I said I can handle that given the size of the loan is small.

arc.png

On 11.9.2016 at 1:14 PM, Bicknellski said:

Freicoin? 

lol yea, I read the loan agreement up to point 2 :)

As said im fine with Bitcoin repayment.

In future I would suggest to support loans done in Freicoin with Alliance funds, so that we have incentives to use Freicoin.

On 11.9.2016 at 1:14 PM, Bicknellski said:

Got it holding in reserve I hope the Rupiah doesn't crash.

lol, i hope the dollar doent crash as it is expected for the next months....

Seems already to start:

https://bitcoinity.org/markets

Okay so I have asked my students to do a little cramming and learning about chocolate and its preparation before Chocolate School tomorrow. 

It seems like the are keen on learning the craft of making chocolates. I have also been watching a good series of videos from Belgium http://www.callebaut.com/usen/callebaut-tv/tutorials to help me prepare for tomorrow as well.

I am hopeful that our experience tomorrow will be a rewarding one and we will be able to show others our skills and possibly do teaching of the techniques to other schools and classes as part of our program. If you have not yet sent your Bitcoin Rik and Fedde please do so as soon as possible thanks.

Just got home from Chocolate School and I have to say this. 

I have never learned how to do anything in such a short time and get such an excellent result even though I did not do the task as well as I could have.

Gentlemen behold my Chocolates.

All.jpgbar.jpgbox of pralines.jpg

Also... the taste AWESOME.

In less than 3 hours we learned to make professionally looking / tasting chocolates. Very impressed with Chocolate School. Excellent chef showed us step by step. Was great fun.

pralinescloseup.jpg

Okay got your loan Rik thanks. 

Oh tasty is not the word. I have to be totally honest I had zero expectations taking this class but after seeing the results of the kids and my own chocolates that they are more than just tasty. They are professional quality chocolates.

Now we know how we can create some of our own ganache (centers) and make some interesting pralines for people. That is the next step.

rik.png

We have a short list of items to buy:

Ingredients

• Dark Compound Chocolate
  • Milk Compound Chocolate
  • White Compound Chocolate
  • Cream
  • Assorted ganache flavorings
  • Nuts
  • Dried fruit
  • Pumpkin filling
  • Smoke flavor
  • Spices
  • Sea salt
  • Glucose
  • Maple syrup
  • Food coloring for decoration
  • Color dust for decoration

Tools

• Variety of Polycarbonate and Silicone Chocolate Molds for bonbons and pralines.
  • Scraper
  • 2x Baking Thermometers    
  • Piping bags

We will be shopping on Friday for items.

We will be testing out two flavors for Ganache next week and our theme will be a fall / halloween for our first run of chocolates.

1. Smoked Maple Ganache
2. Pumpkin Cinnamon Nutmeg Ganache
3. Avocado Chocolate Ganache

October / November Praline Ganache Recipes

Caramel Ganache
120g         sugar
50g           glucose
50g           cream (35%), warmed
2 tbsp       butter
80ml         caramel
100g         milk chocolate (35%)
12             milk or dark chocolate shells

Orange Caramel Ganache
120g         sugar
50g           glucose
2 tbsp       butter
80ml         orange juice
100g         white chocolate 
1 tbsp       finely grated orange zest
1/2 tsp     ground clove
1/8 tsp     groun all spice
1/8 tsp     sea salt
12            white chocolate shells

Maple Smoked Ganache
120g         sugar
50g           glucose
2  tbsp      butter
80ml         maple syrup
1/8 tsp      liquid smoke
12            dark chocolate shells

Fall Pumpkin Ganache
120g         sugar
50g           glucose
2 tbsp       butter
80g          pumpkin / squash puree
1/4tsp       cinnamon
1/4tsp       nutmeg

Cherry Ganache
120g         sugar
50g           glucose
2 tbsp       butter
80ml         cherry syrup

Mint Ganache
120g         sugar
50g           glucose
2 tbsp       butter
1 tsp         mint  extract / crème de menthe

Main Shopping List (Updated)

Main Ingredients

Dark Chocolate
Milk Chocolate
White Chocolate

Cream
Sea Salt
Glucose
Butter

Ganache Ingredients Flavors

Pumpkin Puree
Smoke flavor / Liquid Smoke
Spices Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Clove, All Spice
Maple Syrup
Peppermint Extract
Orange Extract

Cherry Flavor

Decoration & Coloring

Orange Coloring
Green Coloring
Gold Coloring
Light Brown Coloring
White Coloring
Red Coloring
Gold Dust
Silver Dust

Tools

Variety poly-carbonate molds
Variety of silicone molds

Candy or Probe Thermometers 
Scrapers
Piping bags

*Chocolate warmer (Not buying too expensive looking for alternative DIY)

Thanks Fedde received.

fedde2.png

We will converting the BTC today and moving the Rupiah off the exchange as well. We will post transactions as soon as possible.

The current exchange has dropped some since we started the loan to 7,803,500Rp per 1 BTC. So I will try and sell higher to get our 5,000,000 Rp target. If it doesn't look likely to go back up I will sell at lower rate this weekend just clear the money through and get it off exchange.

pending.png

Withdrawal will take a day to clear.

Not willing to wait for price to go back up I have feeling BTC will drop so I sold today after waiting 3 days to sell at better price.

I hope on buying back in with Rupiah for BTC that the price is in our favor.

Time Type Price BTC IDR
27-Sep-16 08:01 Sell 7,818,400 0.34394926 2,689,132
27-Sep-16 08:01 Sell 7,821,000 0.10880207 850,941
27-Sep-16 08:01 Sell 7,822,000 0.12959997 1,013,731
27-Sep-16 08:01 Sell 7,822,100 0.00127842 10,000
27-Sep-16 08:01 Sell 7,822,200 0.01317544 103,061
27-Sep-16 08:01 Sell 7,822,300 0.02831174 221,463

Withdrawl.png

On 10/3/2016 at 10:49 PM, Fabrizio said:

Dayuuumn Bick! I'm not much of a sweet tooth.. but those choc's look very temptingly tasty *nom* 
Can I buy some? :D 

Happy to hear and see that the experience was fun and fruitful in the chocolate school :) Coins well spent! ^^ 

Samples are nearly done. We have done some taste testing and we have to say. We did a reasonable job.

We will need to get more control over our tempering temperature and need to get the moisture out of the fridge when we are chilling the pralines. 

Next we will send out samples to prospective schools who want our chocolates and we will provide free seminars on chocolate making for kindergardens and elementary students.

We will keep you posted.

ganache1.jpg

mint.jpg

Pralines1.jpg

As for buying? Sure I guess you can. I can't make certain the chocolates won't melt in transit that is the issue but we can try. I will be posting the brochure next week with price list.

Edited by Bicknellski
  • 2 weeks later...

Orders as of Thursday October 27, 2016:

Order #1

• 5 boxes of 12 assorted pralines
  • 6 chocolate bars

Order #2 

• 1 box of 9 orange pralines
  • 3 chocolate bars

Order #3

• 1 box of 12 assorted pralines

Order #4

• 6 boxes of 9 caramel pralines
  • 3 chocolate bars

Order #5 

• 10 boxes of 12 assorted pralines

Note: Shipping might be expensive from Indonesia but if people are willing to bare the expense we believe the chocolates will be okay in transit to Europe and North America but I will check shipping costs if anyone is interested for 1 to 2 week delivery.

Here is the brochure:
Brochure.png

Edited by Bicknellski
New Order Added 27 of October.

Excellente! :) Glad to see theres demand/orders for the choco's so the students get to practice their skills ^^

Since the winter is making its way (snowed here yesterday already :)), I'll ask around the town if 'em grannies and geezers wanna make a group order to store up on christmas sweets :) I'll let ye know in a week or two ^^

Hmm.. Bick, do ye think setting up a webstore to order the choco's from would be good experiment for your students? For example, setting up a OpenCart shop with @fedde's crypto/frc payment plugins? :) I'd gladly help out with the setup if needed (its really easy though) and I bet fedde could offer some advice as well? :) 

*edit: Ohh, and one comment/question about the brochure pics; have ye tried centering the choco pics that have the black background? The pics currently seem slightly.. "off" balanaced? 

9 hours ago, Fabrizio said:

Excellente! :) Glad to see theres demand/orders for the choco's so the students get to practice their skills ^^

Since the winter is making its way (snowed here yesterday already :)), I'll ask around the town if 'em grannies and geezers wanna make a group order to store up on christmas sweets :) I'll let ye know in a week or two ^^

Hmm.. Bick, do ye think setting up a webstore to order the choco's from would be good experiment for your students? For example, setting up a OpenCart shop with @fedde's crypto/frc payment plugins? :) I'd gladly help out with the setup if needed (its really easy though) and I bet fedde could offer some advice as well? :) 

*edit: Ohh, and one comment/question about the brochure pics; have ye tried centering the choco pics that have the black background? The pics currently seem slightly.. "off" balanaced? 

1. Brochure. I will pass along the "balance" suggested edit to the kids and see what they think. We printed only a test number at the moment and looking for a better printer in the area. We took a number of photos and the pictures are off balanced just to include the shadow. The lighting was terrible that time of day. Maybe we need to do more pictures with more light.

2. Website / Payment Gateways. Yes it is a great idea if we have time and interest. Again in a Montessori environment the students will not be told or instructed to do something. I will suggest it and get their feedback to see who is interested in taking that project on.

3.  International Orders. I will get some idea of prices for shipping this week and let you know next week on that.

4. More orders. We just received another order of Pralines and I will add that to our list.

Note: Yesterday we made about 1 kg of caramel ganache for pralines we will making Thursday and Friday to clear one of the orders.