Service / Job Portal

As this has been briefly discussed in other threads and is simple to get started, lets do this :)

To have a full-featured, yet simple and user friendly service will of course take some time, but we can start the development here in the forums. And in a way, the forum is maybe one of the essential parts of the full service :)

So.. I'd request a new forum category, Freicoin Community (or something else more fitting), with the following sections:

- Services (For individuals offering and requesting services, like teaching, baby sitting, apartment or car sharing, tour guides, etc.)

-- (subforums: Online, Local)

- Jobs (For non-profits, small businesses and individuals to post job offerings and CV's/job seek)

-- (subforums: Job Offers, CV's)

- Market (For buy / sell / give)

-- (subforums: Buy, Sell, Give)

Some templates would be posted on each forums to be used for people posting a new thread. This would make it easy to create a webapp for easily listing and creating them in more user friendly way.

For example, in services, someone (*wink wink* Prometheus *wink wink*) could post something like:

[Adobe Illustrator & Basic Use - Online Session, October 20th]

Topic: Adobe Illustrator Basics

Sessions: 1

Date(s): 20.10.2014

Max Attendees: 8

Min Attendees: 1

Requirements: Adobe Illustrator, TeamViewer, Mumble

Recommendations: You know how to start up your computer, have two hands to use keyboard and mouse, you dont like banks and drink jamba juice!

Description: In this session, we will look into the very basic features of *some blahblaa about the goals and topics for the course*. Session can be followed live via TeamViewer and Mumble. Questions can be asked during the session.

Price: 1.61803398 FRC

As this has been briefly discussed in other threads and is simple to get started, lets do this :)

To have a full-featured, yet simple and user friendly service will of course take some time, but we can start the development here in the forums. And in a way, the forum is maybe one of the essential parts of the full service :)

So.. I'd request a new forum category, Freicoin Community (or something else more fitting), with the following sections:

- Services (For individuals offering and requesting services, like teaching, baby sitting, apartment or car sharing, tour guides, etc.)

-- (subforums: Online, Local)

- Jobs (For non-profits, small businesses and individuals to post job offerings and CV's/job seek)

-- (subforums: Job Offers, CV's)

- Market (For buy / sell / give)

-- (subforums: Buy, Sell, Give)

Some templates would be posted on each forums to be used for people posting a new thread. This would make it easy to create a webapp for easily listing and creating them in more user friendly way.

I'll add them, the setup now was just to have something to start with.

Fedde!

For example, in services, someone (*wink wink* Prometheus *wink wink*) could post something like:

Like I said in the other thread, I like the idea, I just don't like the idea of being a teacher myself. Started writing a lengthy reply here, but it turned out to be a thread on its own. I would love to hear you comments in http://freicoinalliance.com/topic/26-micro-lessons-platform/ -- it sort of spins off of this thread here, but still different.

Yup, I like it!

Maybe we could modify the current portal a bit;
- rename the "Freicoin Community" to something like "Freicoin Community Service/Job Portal" or similar

- Have a new subforum under Services; Micro-Lessons

- Allow posting / making threads in the Services, to allow related discussion to be held there? Or maybe just create yet another subforum under Services; Portal Development Discussion

Thoughts? Would this just make things more hard to follow, or maybe help streamline the discussion? :) And any other changes needed? For example, there's now "Online" and "Local" as subforums, adding "Micro-Lessons" is a little confusing? 

If you want anything to work in terms of self-learning you still need a methodology and a prepared environment that is conducive to self-motivated learning.

It doesn't require a "teacher" to be "teaching" it requires system that is able to guide or lead the self-learning efficiently with materials that allow the learner to self-regulate or check their own progress. Montessori has been doing this for 100+ years and is very effective across all cutlures and socioeconomic strata.

Didactic materials – Didactic meaning “designed or intended to teach,” these are the specially designed instructional materials—many invented by Maria Montessori—used in Montessori classrooms. 

Control of error – Montessori materials are designed so that the child receives instant feedback as he works, allowing him to recognize, correct, and learn from his mistakes without adult assistance. Putting control of the activity in the child’s hands strengthens his self-esteem and self-motivation as well as his learning. 

Before you put in a lot of time into a system I would hope you can use me to help you make that system more effective for learning at a structural level. My experiences are directly related to having our students work very independently with little or no supervision from me. They are highly motivated and they are happy to work independently or in groups. I suggest this because there are some key features to any learning environment virtual or real that need to be in place if you want it to be effective and efficient. There are plenty of failed systems littering the Internet that could with some tweaks become effective. 

As I stated before there are some working examples on the internet currently that work very well.

• Khan Academy
  • SOLE Self Organized Learning Environments

If you familiarize yourself with those models then you will be further along that 99% of the systems available commercial or free. 

I would be glad to hear your insights in these parts and am happy you offer your help. I've been interested in bouncing some ideas regarding this topic with you for some time actually  :P The students having their bakery project announced in the platform would allow us to hopefully work together in shaping the methods too I'd think ^^

I've been looking forward on having some meetings with freicoiners on live audio+text chats, so maybe we could set time for some around this topic? :) I've been caught busy for the past some weeks, but am finally back home and ~free after sunday, so if you'd have time next week, I'd be in for one session  :)