64 Bit Wallet for Windows

You know how when you search a question on Goggle and you find that many people post useless responses, this is one of those :-) 

I have the same problem. I tried installing the new wallet on 64 bit AMD computer and I couldn't. The old wallet worked fine.

So you get my moral support. That should be worth a few FRC.  

Edited by Skaro
Typo
  • 2 months later...

I have mailed @Mark Friedenbach about this and i got this answer

Yes, there seems to be some sort of problem with the 64-bit gitian builds. This was fixed upstream on more recent version of bitcoin, so the real answre is that we need to get a 0.13/0.14 version of freicoin out. Which we can do, now that the truncation soft-fork has happened.

Well it LIVES. Freicoin Devs that is. My wallet still not sure. 

Can't wait for that fix.

Will try your work around Scaro. Using the Zip files.

This is what I did. But will this work?

1. Extracted files from ZIP.
2. Clicked on FreicoinQt
3. Updated blockchain.

I guess this won't be the new wallet update but rather the one currently installed.

I should do the following:

1. Back up wallet.
2. Delete Freicoin Folder in AppData / Roaming
3. Replace wallet dat with saved one.
4. Update blockchain.

Note:

FRCvers.png

I am still not sure if I have actually got anywhere. I have no way of uninstalling the old wallet completely it seems. And when I check the version it is still the same as older version of the wallet. Not being able to simply install with the exe file directly is pain the arse to say the least.

Note:

Q: Why would after importprivkey would I be missing plus or minus 400,000FRC in the wallet?

FRC Blockexplorer:

FRCColdWallet.png

Wallet Balance:

Balance.png

CSV from Wallet and Block Explorer :

PAPER.csv

I think something is wrong with the block explorer at least the Top 100 or reading info from the block chain. Needs to checked.

http://explorer.sicanet.net/richlist

What block height where you at before you changed wallets and after?

Did you loose money or are you just saying that the block explorer is incorrect?

What I understood was happening in installing the new wallet was that it was the only way for me to be on the correct blockchain (version 3) after the soft fork. Prior to the change, I was not receiving my mining payments and stuck in slow moving block numbers. So I did what you did, and everything went back to normal (actually there was a while when the whole network was out of sync). To test the version of block chain you have to check a block: getblock <hash>.

Skaro.

But yes. I:

1. backed up wallet, and exported private key;

2. Download and unzip New wallet;

3. Deleted Freicoin folder in Appdata (actually I did it a few times, I think you only have to delete the blockchain files);

4. Ran QT;

5. Installed private key;

6. Let in sync.

in my various attempts, I did find that the daemon worked better in step 4.

if you don't delete the blockchain you will have no different result. The point of the new wallet is to access the new blockchain of after soft fork.

Now... what is weird is this.

I had some sort of 400K FRC short fall when I put the keys into the new wallet (got new wallet installed) and then I had a blockchain error reported by the wallet and then yesterday reinstalled the block chain from 0. 

Result:

The lost coins reappeared. 

Something funky going on from old wallet / chain to new wallet new chain with keys from pre fork time. 

Reloaded Block Chain.png

So Skaro... I am not sure what is going on. But something was not right how the new updated wallet was reading the old wallet.dat file and comparing that to the updates coming from the new forked chain. When I had to redownload the whole blockchain everything has worked out. The block explorer is not correct obviously. But it shows what was in the wallet when deposited but not the demurrage.

Your thoughts? I am pretty sure that is what you were explaining the error was in the inability of the data from old to new to be properly reconciled. So with the redownload forced it righted all the issues.

Fedde confirmed there is an issue with the demurrage being calculated properly on the block explorer. http://explorer.sicanet.net/ so we need to get that working properly as well.

• 1 month later...

Bicknellski,

That is exactly what I was talking about yes. Why it happens I'm not exactly sure. The old wallet was still adding blocks and diverging on another chain. So I suppose the wallet was simply unable to reconcile previous transaction. But my question to you is: since, 32 bit applications are supposed to be able to run on 64 bit Windows is you computer an AMD machine? Mine is. I thought that may be the problem.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, clarkjhaley13 said:

I have a 32bit wallet installed and working just fine in windows 10 64bit system. For how i did this you can send me a message.

This is always amazing, you cant share a public solution so everybody can benefit of it,  so you rather get people to message you privately to preach about where to get a solution.  

You post in a public topic that you have a solution, but we need to pm you to get the details? And you get shit angry when i correct you on that to share it publicly and not take it in private message so everybody can benefit of a solution posted if searched in the forums? 

You should stop beeing so mouthy yourself, i greet you welcome in the forums and welcomes you to start and move forward, but as quick as you can you turn it to something negative. 

Have a nice time you too. If you want to discuss you can take it in a private directly with me and not in a support thread. 

Hey Clark cuck you and your enabling of Joe while you are at it. 

Does that help?

I hope that makes it clear how I feel about you clowns, but please by all means keep being a passive aggressive ass-hat and delete your posts covering up your troll bag of tricks.

Either you want to support the development of the coin and improve it or you want to be a troll. You can't do both so choose. No one left in Freicoin is here to have flame wars and counter productive conversations. So I suggest you either drop the trolling and get on board or just go away. We do not need the drama and to be honest we all have the wallet on a 64 bit machines as we solved it. My bad for not pasting it here but it is as simple as just downloading the 32bit file http://freico.in/download/ and then opening the qt file directly and adding your wallet.dat with the back up you saved. Just refer to Skaro's post I quoted below.

What we still need is a 64bit solution from Jorge and Mark hopefully that is coming with the updated qt. because it is difficult to do the work around when the problem should be there is a properly working 64bit exe file to start with if we are ever to get more people using FRC.

On 2/8/2017 at 10:28 AM, Skaro said:

But yes. I:

1. backed up wallet, and exported private key;

2. Download and unzip New wallet;

3. Deleted Freicoin folder in Appdata (actually I did it a few times, I think you only have to delete the blockchain files);

4. Ran QT;

5. Installed private key;

6. Let in sync.

in my various attempts, I did find that the daemon worked better in step 4.

if you don't delete the blockchain you will have no different result. The point of the new wallet is to access the new blockchain of after soft fork.

SOLVED

Edited by Bicknellski
Clark is being a tool.

There is no need for Clark to troll. He has promised to leave FRC alone again or at least this forum. I suggest he open up a separate forum where he and Joe can delude others. Polite to everyone but those two jokers and their schemes. Sorry not going to pretend to be nice for either of them given the havoc Joe had on this community when he ran off with funds of others.