[ANN]-[FreiLectrum]-[pre-alpha out today!]

This is a quick short and sweet announce. The pre-alpha version of FreiLectrum (electrum for freicoin) is completed. 

I am working to test the android version. I will be applying for the full mobile wallet bounty with 50% up front upon code release as I intend to test the android version after release but wish to reserve my place as the developer who created it.

FreiLectrum allows HD wallets, allows users to use a client without a blockchian download, allows for a webwallet, works on any platform that can use python (windows, mac, linux, android, i believe iOS can take it too)

proof photos attached. please watch https://github.com/joeswhite/electrum/tree/FreiLectrum(electrum-freicoin) for updates coming soon. 

This port of electrum will become the official freicoin electrum port after pre-alpha testing is done.

I am requesting 10k of the bounty in FRC be set aside for everyone to do test transactions on freilectrum between eachother with each tester getting 100 FRC to test so as to share the rest of the testing.

freilectrum-server will be added after i finish more development.

There are still some rebranding things left to do on FreiLectrum

*EDIT* I need people to set up blockexplorers so we can right click a tx and see it on the explorer

post-22-0-65120400-1412972574_thumb.png

post-22-0-50087900-1412972575_thumb.png

post-22-0-29274500-1412972957_thumb.png

This is great work, but it's still a windows version from what i read. But cool, it's still alpha so looking forward to see what it becomes.

I am working to test the android version. I will be applying for the full mobile wallet bounty with 50% up front upon code release as I intend to test the android version after release but wish to reserve my place as the developer who created

Claims can be done for a fully working mobile wallet. I think the rest will agree with me to not release bounty before there is a fully working product. This is to ensure that the development is not stopped at half way or almost finished. It's also to ensure that in the end we have something that is working for mobile payments to boost other developments in payment solutions. As i said in bounty thread, i don't really want to drag my pc to the store to make a payment, witch is the current status of freicoin. I write current status as this alpha release is with build instructions for windows, i hope we something more user friendly so that end users can use the product, not just developers.

Also there is no queue that you can reserve a place in, first to come, first to serve ;) Paying out something of the bounty would hurt others if someone come with another solution before yours is finished. 

Another question that raises me. How is the electrum servers going to be secured to ensure the product is working. If your server(s) go down so does the the wallets  (did someone say bills to be paid? :) ). Just make sure there is a plan for this too.

But great work so far, i like what i read,  will see if i can do some testing this weekend. 

Cheers!

Nice! That is sweet indeed! :) I will be testing this out during the week and will happily offer some FRC as bounty for others to test too :)  
So! I'll match the 100 FRC / person for testing, though with a little "competition"; 100 FRC for the first 10 people to post a screenshot of the wallet running on their computer, with atleast one transaction received and one transaction made B) 

I have to agree with Fedde though, that I really cant see any justification for handing out ½ of the bounty any time before theres a *mobile wallet* released as open source, tested to be fully working (atleast the basic functionalities) and made simple enough to install (binaries would be ideal, but I'd be happy even with similar QR code install method as electrum has for the android version in their site)

That said though, I'm all for the fairness, so if you're worried that someone would copy your work, write few lines of code to fix something minor, or just creates the install binary and then applies for the full bounty, that wouldn't fly good with me. And I'm pretty confident to say that the others wouldnt be for that either, but would agree to split the bounty and hand it out weighted by the contributions  ;)

So please keep up the good work and let us know when there's some updates! 

The client will be usable on windows, linux, osx and android. I'm going to be testing android out today as well as building a windows executable and macosx executable so there is no need to download the entire python toolset.

You can currently download the electrum-server source that is on my github https://github.com/joeswhite/electrum-server and change the details to your freicoin rpc and it will work. blockchain_headers can be found at https://freicoin.us/blockchain_headers for anyone wishing to download it.

I have a few people with servers that will host nodes and I'm adding a few low end VPS that will also assist. The freicoin foundation (maaku) will be hosting an electrum server as well once things are finally in place and I'm assuming that you guys at the alliance will as well

The bugs that I'm noting in the client are at random and only appear to occur some times with deterministic wallets that are loaded before the blockchain_headers are caught up on the server. I'm trying to see if I can add a delay in to factoring demurrage until after all headers are caught up.

android wallet is being tested now, debugging occurring now as there is no official electrum 2.0 droid release so I am in the process of mashing together the e4a-1.9.8 code with the freilectrum 2.0.0 code.

ETA for non-buggy android wallet: 36-48 hours

ETA for other non-buggy electrum wallets: after the droid wallet.

mobile electrum wallet is working well except it seems like the client is crashing on incoming transfers but that will be fixed after I get some sleep.

Debug images are viewable upon request,

I was unable to rebase 2.0.0 to the droid, so 1.9.8 will have to do for mobile wallet.

I expect usable wallet in 12-24 hours

Time frame on the bounty reward?

fab: you need to follow the instructions here as i do not have the windows executable built: https://github.com/joeswhite/electrum/blob/FreiLectrum(electrum-freicoin)/README.windows

I tested it on windows 7 and it works as well as windows 8

as far as droid: I am doing an x86 android build as well as ARM which requires me to build a number of additional things for android.

I am going to be pretty adamant here that I need at least a partial bounty payout (0.35 btc, frc can wait) before I am going to release the final droid version. The reason behind this is so I can get more redundancy in the electrum servers for use since everyone is badgering me about being broke (you guys should realize that the bounty funds are only going to be paying for freilectrum backup servers anyway).

as far as concerns about losing your wallet... you have a brainwallet of 13 characters (deterministic wallet) that will give you a way to back up your wallet. you can also copy your wallet right from your /sdcard0/freilectrum/wallets folder (default_wallet file) and I suggest anyone do that as it is.

Yup, I'm aware of that readme, but since having not having much time miself, I was just asking around if anyone else has been successful with installing the client ;) (and maybe dash out some of the testing bounties! ;)) I ran into some errors miself, but indeed, as the my day schedules are pretty strict for the moment, I really dont have the time to dig in :P

Hmm, for requesting the partial bounty payout already at this point now, is... I have to be pretty blunt from my part here.. surprising and pretty rude :mellow: Especially considering that we already shortly discussed this topic and we expressed our views on it.

Bounty can be claimed for a fully working wallet for android / ios, released open source and provide binaries for those who do not know anything about compiling code. It needs to be a fully working product that everyone can use and it needs to be stable. Think user friendly, not something that just you as a developer understands. 

I think the requirements on when the bounty could be claimed were clear in the thread as it was addressed by few of "us" (the bounty contributors), but apparently not enough. So, I'll express my opinion on the bounty a little further in this particular situation here:
The above quote from the Mobile Wallet Bounty thread, is not filled when

- You're still in process of "... doing an x86 android build as well as ARM which requires me to build a number of additional things for android." (not "fully working product that everyone ca use" as required)
- There's the mentioned problem of "mobile electrum wallet is working well except it seems like the client is crashing on incoming transfers " (not "stable" as required)
- You're releasing "... a partially working code that allows you to create a wallet, and see an incoming balance..." (not "open source" as required")
- and continue to follow with another error "...however it will not deserialize and once the wallet is closed it will throw errors upon opening" (again, not "stable" as required)
- There's no testing of the wallet by different people on different devices (to provide confirmation for "product that everyone can use")

- There's no easy install method available (same as above)

fab, let me rephrase:

have a working code ready to go for AMR (phones which are mobile). I will not release it without the bounty in either escrow or my hands.

the x86 version is for COMPUTERS THAT ARE HACKED TO RUN ANDROID

I am giving you an option to see that there is code ready, but parts are not completed (removed purposely) because I must have insurance the bounty is ready to go.

so get those coins in escrow.

I meet the requirements. 

fab, let me rephrase:

have a working code ready to go for AMR (phones which are mobile). I will not release it without the bounty in either escrow or my hands.

I am giving you an option to see that there is code ready, but parts are not completed (removed purposely) because I must have insurance the bounty is ready to go.

I meet the requirements. 

I cant sleep so thought i'd  pop on here see whats going on

There wouldn't be any problem about you getting the bounty Joe if it does what you say it does if it did everything it  wa ssupposed to do and then the bounty was'nt paid that would put  freicoin and the alliance in a bad light - not something any of us want we've all been dedicated to freicoin from pretty much the start,

Maybe though the bounty should be all in one place though ready to go (if it's not already )  for when it's tested rather than having to wait for it to come in in bits and bobs - I can hold the btc bounty part if thats helps and can then supply the  address as proof that the funds are ready to go once everythings been tested and working okay. - As long as it's someone we know and the btc / frc address is public so the funds can be seen on the chain and are in place that would be good.

Also not sure if i'm reading it right but would it be in the interest of  the alliance and also freicoin to get donations for a sever to run it  or help run it incase one goes down? are they expensive to run or can it be pretty basic and cheap so maybe we can get more than a single one ?

Right will try and sleep   catch you all later....

fab, let me rephrase:

I meet the requirements. 

If you're in that much in doubt about the people behind the bounty, I would be fine with reputable escrow, Mollycat for example, to hold the bounty in this case if you require. However, this is a whole another discussion/process we need to have then.. not just to agree with selecting the escrow amongst the bounty contributors, but also with drafting careful terms with loads of unnecessary tinyprint etc. for releasing the bounty :F

I'd hope we could reach an easier solution here. I liked to believe that the bounty would've been there to promote the common good values behind Freicoin itself, and allow the community to work on projects and problems together :)

Like Molly posted above, I think we are all dedicated contributing towards Freicoin and see the obvious consequences on the reputations of each entity if the bounty wouldn't be paid for honest work ;)

Multisignature accounts would be interesting to test though, so I think we should maybe indeed have some opinions and discussion going on that front for the BTC part of the bounty, maybe even FRC too hopefully? :)

So in the end what I'm trying to say about the bounty: It would be much more in line with Freicoins ideals, more transparent and way easier for everyone involved, if you would apply for the bounty when there is a fully working version released. With reports from multiple users reporting no major bugs, tested on multiple different mobile devices and all that jazz :) I think we all agree the time is more well spent on actual testing and developing, than talking the ~politics (the bounty escrow terms), hehe :P

Also not sure if i'm reading it right but would it be in the interest of  the alliance and also freicoin to get donations for a sever to run it  or help run it incase one goes down? are they expensive to run or can it be pretty basic and cheap so maybe we can get more than a single one ?

Yeah, I could see that a non-profit or other eligible entity for the FF (Freicoin Foundation) donations could be tasked to upkeep the network :) Though, from what I've understood, its similar to running a freicoin node, so pretty versatile network could be setup with little resources, especially for the testing period. So I think talking about establishing these kind of entities for the network at this point is wasting time, time that should be rather spent on testing :rolleyes:

2-of-3 sigs should work on freilectrum however i need to fix one fee issue on the frontend, but the commandline will construct it just fine (run the command option to do 2-of-3)

2-of-3 for electrum works as we know already.

2-of-3 seems like a good solution for all to keep all sides accountable.

now on to other business

Nightly without sending and no easy install. 

sending+easy install tomorrow.

All other features tested on jellybean on galaxy, droid, droid2global, droid bionic, and others.

tl;dr for this release

download sl4a_r5x (must be r5x NOT r5!), download and install py4a, download the github zip extract to /sl4a/Scripts/freilectrum

run f4a.py from sl4a

https://github.com/joeswhite/freicoin-droid

README

FreiLectrum - lightweight FreiCoin client

Licence: GNU GPL v3
Authors: Joseph White (FreiLectrum and droid) Thomas Voegtlin(electrum)
Language: Python
Homepage: http://frei.co.in

0. FreiLectrum-android PRE-ALPHA v0.001pa INFO
------------------------

FreiLectrum pre-alpha v0.001 should work for everything but sending coins!
However BACK UP YOUR CURRENT FREILECTRUM WALLET!

There has been testing of the android wallet, however it should work. again BACK UP YOUR CURRENT ELECTRUM CLIENT AND WALLET

BLOCK EXPLORERS HAVE NOT YET BEEN CHANGED. ANYONE WANTING THIER EXPLORER IN FreiLectrum PLEASE OPEN AN ISSUE ON THIS GITHUB

1. GETTING STARTED
------------------

To run FreiLectrum from source follow below

Here is code with everything but sends and no easy install.
QR codes may not work for some. New version hd wallets (non-bip32 wallets) will not be restorable on the android version!
Non-BIP32 HD wallets are a 2.0.0 release target (it is not possible in the electrum master branch mobile wallet! your BIP32 wallets ARE RESTORABLE RIGHT NOW.
wallets are created from seed and brain wallet seeds on mobile can be restored on FreiLectrum right now, but not all freilectrum desktop seeds can be restored on mobile

wallets are stored in /freilectrum/default_wallet BACK THIS UP! WRITE DOWN YOUR BRAIN WALLET TOO!

Install scripting layer for android sl4a_r5x (ALWAYS USE THIS VERSION OR YOU WONT BE ABLE TO GET IT TO WORK!!!) on your droid

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=150x150&chld=L&choe=UTF-8&chl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mithril.com.au%2Fandroid%2Fsl4a_r5x.apk

Install python2.6 for android (on your droid)
http://code.google.com/p/python-for-android/downloads/detail?name=PythonForAndroid_r5.apk

(x86 version to be built later, there is currently NO KNOWN x86 release of Py4A and would only be used on laptops with x86)

download the zipped version of this git project on your droid
https://github.com/joeswhite/freicoin-droid/archive/nightlys.zip

unzip with your favorite unzipper to /sl4a/Scripts/freilectrum

RUN
===
open up sl4a, browse to Scripts/freilectrum and single click f4a.py and start it (first button on left, looks like a terminal)

start up and get everythign done.

**YOU MAY CRASH IF YOU DO NOT WAIT A FEW MOMENTS BEFORE STARTING, THIS IS DUE TO YOUR PHONE'S MEMORY AND CPU LIMITS**

ENJOY
recieve coins, and play with it, try to break it. this is a nightly with sending removed for coin safety.

notes: "other" means pending/incoming-demurrage

MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE YOUR SERVER TO 173.255.235.7 with TCP ***NOT SSL***

For FA i will provide a single server at my DC or two at two seperated DC's (in 2 diffrent countries to eliminate single point of failure) for 1-2 nodes in Europe at no cost at this point to secure the network as i have access to several datacenters in europe. At this point there is nothing to secure so i will be busy with other things.

actually there is something to secure.

freilectrum droid 0.010alpha

single send then disconnects for your coin safety. all coins are stored in the default wallet. final debugging occuring this weekend

https://github.com/joeswhite/freicoin-droid

freilectrum server 2.0.0 RC1

https://github.com/joeswhite/electrum-server/tree/FreiLectrum-server(electrum-freicoin-server)

freilectrum desktop 2.0.0 beta2

https://github.com/joeswhite/electrum/tree/FreiLectrum(electrum-freicoin)

So where is it possible to download the app and test if it is working? A single link for me to try it? Nothing yet right so no bounty can be released yet then.

We are more than reputable to hold the coins / bounty and pay off said bounty to a working system that meets the requirements.

FA might want to use an escrow if they have also put up some of the bounty I have no issues with that. 

I can be the escrow. I have held 80K USD in BTC as an escrow in the past so this would be peanuts in comparison. I think we who have put up the bounty are reputable and there is no need to debate that or question our motives to pay the bounty. Seems like the discussion on partial payment is the real problem here.

We have already paid bounties for things like getting new exchanges via voting. Askcoin and Bleutrade as examples. I have personally paid out for other projects in the Frecoin Forums without any issues to an escrow and never really seen anything come back about those projects. I don't want to have to dig through all the posts suffice to say I have personally supported others there and it should be quid pro quo here and now. There is obviously trust that I gave so it should be the same coming back to me right with this bounty. Also we have the forums up etc we are not running some fly by night operation. I don't want to give bounties out unless the bounties are completed. We have a solid 100% reputation and there is nothing in our collective history that would indicate otherwise.

Let us be clear.

We put up a bounty.

We are serious about getting a working application and we want to have it working asap.

Now if someone doesn't want to work on the bounty as per our bounty guidelines that is ok. But we are not hear to nego that aspect. If we were going to negotiate payments we would just hire a programmer to do this and ask for a rate. Bounties do not work that way. This is not a tender.

I really want something I just click it loads and it works. I don't want to go through months of glitches and problems and downloading stuff and the kids I am working with are left without any other options than using a pc based wallet. I put up the bounty believing that was the way it would go. First to market gets the bounty that is how it works. Not a partial working product. If the bounty is too low then maybe others will be willing to pony up more.

The people putting up this bounty are not going to screw over anyone that fulfills the bounty requirements.

Do we need to clarify those points again on the bounty being released?

The alternative is pulling the bounty and hiring a professional to do this which is fine by me as well so we can avoid this sort of negotiation on partial fulfillment of a bounty. If we allow this what happens if someone else has a working wallet other than Joe before he is done? Will he pay back the partial bounty? See the problem?

So where is possible to download the app to test if it is working?

Single link for me to try it?

For FA i will provide a single server at my DC or two at two seperated DC's (in 2 diffrent countries to eliminate single point of failure) for 1-2 nodes in Europe at no cost at this point to secure the network as i have access to several datacenters in europe. At this point there is nothing to secure so i will be busy with other things.

Thanks Fed. That is very generous and one more example of why we are all reputable people who will pay up when a bounty is completed.

I'm giving you guys updates on development as per request of fab.

I want you guys to see the progress being made to see that I'm trying to be open with my development.

Let's get this clear: I did not re-request the bounty in my development update post as it was reiterated that the bounty only applies to the first person with a full wallet ready to go.

Also, as per fab i was under the impression that the final wallet *CAN* use QR codes like electrum for android does. If that is no longer the case, let me know now.

I ALSO stated that the wallet is still being debugged (so that means QR codes/easy install are not yet there).

So, please give me the time I said (the weekend and perhaps a day or two next week) before going at my throat for keeping the lines of communication open and giving everyone a development update.