Register Freicoin Alliance to Freicoin Foundation donation matching

Hello Freicoiners,
I think its now time that we bring the Freicoin Alliance to next level and register it on the Freicoin Foundation web for donation matching.

This would mainly have two benefits:
First of all bounties like the current mobile wallet bounty could be doubled with the matched Freicoins.
Second the Alliance would be a good community driven test case for the Freicoin Foundation matching program.

What we need to do?
First of all we need a description, that can be something like that:

"The Freicoin Alliance is a Freicoin Community driven project that seeks to create a world where commonplace non-usurious complementary currencies inspired by the works of Silvio Gesell are brought into being through economic development, charitable action, and the support of global commons and which engender perpetual prosperity through sustainable development."

UPDATE:

And here an suggestion for an short description:

Help the Freicoin Community to create a world full of charitable action and sustainable development - Help to to propagate Freicoin!

Second, we need someone to hold the registered Freicoin address.
I suggest, that the Freicoin Alliance itself tries to not hold funds for a long time period.
The funds itself should go after the matching directly to Freicoin Community projects like the bounty for the mobile wallet.
So the Alliance would not need to hold any funds for a long time period.

I suggest
Bicknellski, Fedde and Mollycat for taking care of the donation matching address.
For community projects like the mobile wallet bounty different caretakers could be found.

UPDATE: I also suggest Fabrizio

Why I suggest these? Because they have been up to now as far as I can see  the main driving forces to build up the Alliance.

And no I didn't ask them until now, so lets see what they say  :)

By the way, thank you all for what you have done for Freicoin! The Alliance is a great step forward for the Freicoin Movement!

As always if you have any suggestions / comments feel free to post!

All the good,

Arcurus

I think all these points are acceptable to me and will help us move forward in the FA.

I would suggest we have at least 2 people with control and an alternate if someone can't fulfill the duties.

I volunteer to be an alternate at this time as I would have a conflict of interest with while being a guarantor for the loan from the FA in the micro loan pilot project.

This works for me.

"The Freicoin Alliance is a Freicoin Community driven project that seeks to create a world where commonplace non-usurious complementary currencies inspired by the works of Silvio Gesell are brought into being through economic development, charitable action, and the support of global commons and which engender perpetual prosperity through sustainable development."

Thank you Arcurus for starting this thread :) I'd see it beneficial to drive this through as the next thing ^^
I support the description and your nominations for the people to hold the coins, as their identities are public/known in the community. Though, for me, I would like to keep mine "private", but dont mind to disclose it within the community.. if thats not an obstacle and another holder is needed, I'll sign up for it :)

I Would be honoured to hold coins.

Evelin, my better half, currently taking her level 4 in accountancy so We can have a word with her about what is needed to  make sure the "books" are kept upto date - If need be I (or her) can act as a treasurer or can at least advise.

Awesome :) You already apparently have an secure offline machine to keep the key(s) on too? ^^

Sure, we need at least 2 people to have control in case someone goes.

Hmm, since we have 4 other trusted people mentioned here in the thread, would dividing the private key into two parts work? Atleast until we get a wallet that supports multisig? For example, something like this:

- Molly holds the full private key

- Arcurus and Bicknellski hold one half of the key

- Fedde and Fabrizio hold the other half of the key

Ok

Molly will provide us with a address that is secure. 

What i need some help with for the foundation registration is the description.

Short Description : 

Long Description: 

??

I have created the email address [email protected] that currently forward mail to me. We need to decide where we want this so that more than me are reciving it.

Hmm, the long form could be gathered pretty much from these forums, theres a lot of good lines already posted by many peeps, which at quick glance would seem to be in line with eachother :) Though, I'd recommend there to be a meeting, either on mumble on private channel on IRC, amongst the FA people to collect/finalize/write it?  :)

(and maybe keep the discussion on the support/email stuff in here: http://freicoinalliance.com/topic/50-freicoin-alliance-email-addresses-for-contacting-exchanges-organisation/to not clog up this thread ;))

Hmm, the long form could be gathered pretty much from these forums, theres a lot of good lines already posted by many peeps, which at quick glance would seem to be in line with eachother :) Though, I'd recommend there to be a meeting, either on mumble on private channel on IRC, amongst the FA people to collect/finalize/write it?  :)

(and maybe keep the discussion on the support/email stuff in here: http://freicoinalliance.com/topic/50-freicoin-alliance-email-addresses-for-contacting-exchanges-organisation/to not clog up this thread ;))

Why private channel? Freicoin channel or this forum should be fine...

We can also use Adhocracy to create a common text.

By the way I don't know who recognized my suggestion was mainly copied from the Freicoin Foundation. Hopefully Jorge will forgive me for my copyright violation :)

But I think still its good to ask him what he thinks about it.

I copied  the description mainly out of the reason, because I think that it will be good if there is a clear separation between giving out the initial /  demuraged funds and a community driven project to support Freicoin like the Alliance. That would be less confusing. So mark and jitmon could purely focus on the coin matching and making the foundation decentralized.

But I thinks its good to talk with jitmon and marc about that.

And yea Jorge made a very nice description for the Freicoin Foundation would be nice to use it!  

Private was poor choice of word, meant to go after a separate / own channel for Freicoin Alliance. Resoning was/is that I think that the people at the #Freicoin channel doesnt want it to be spammed... or well.. not spammed, but posted with long quotes and discussion related to Freicoin Alliance :rolleyes: 

Though yeah :) This forum should do fine for this as well, I just tend to like to chat "live" :wub: 

Ps. I recognized the line from the Freicoin website ;) Been quoting it miself too when promoting FRC to people :P

I Would be honoured to hold coins.

Evelin, my better half, currently taking her level 4 in accountancy so We can have a word with her about what is needed to  make sure the "books" are kept upto date - If need be I (or her) can act as a treasurer or can at least advise.

great!

I think there a two different task we much think of. One is to have a address for the donation matching. That must be easy accessible. Second one ore more addresses for sub projects like the bounties, that need to hold coins for some time.

At best the alliance itself most not hold any coins.

@fabrizio yea a live chat for the alliance is fine, as long as we announce it openly :)

Legal formation? Think we need to move on this to become a CIO.  

Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)

UK (Non profit) / EC based is preferred since the Freicoin Foundation is already US based. 

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Start_up_a_charity/Do_I_need_to_register/cios/default.aspx

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-set-up-a-charity-cc21a

1. Set up a charity

There are 6 steps to setting up a charity.

1. Find trustees for your charity - you usually need at least 3.

2. Make sure the charity has ‘charitable purposes for the public benefit’.

3. Choose a name for your charity.

4. Choose a structure for your charity.

5. Create a ‘governing document’.

6. Register as a charity if your annual income is over £5,000 or if you set up a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO).

There are different rules in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

To get tax relief your charity needs to be recognised by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

Molly, do you have some clue what legal formation would be good?

I think in the beginning  for the matching we can start also without an legal formation, because  our project mission statement should fit to the Freicoin Foundation mission statement :)

But good to think further in this direction and make research what legal framework would be the best.

Yea maybe UK is a good country to get started.

Well I've been looking into it and i'm still 100% how it would work as a charity in the normal sense of the word

As the Alliance was set to promote FRC via different channels - Including, but not limited to, Donations, micro-loans, Faucet, giveaways  and anything else we can think of to promote use and takeup - I dont  think we can be classed as a charity... I'm still not 100% sure thoug. if it was Fiat we were dealing with it may be more clear cut.  As we are not just helping those in need and are actually trying to promote a "product" i'm think we might fall more into  a non profit organisation - So it maybe that we should look more at that side?

http://www.resourcecentre.org.uk/information/legal-structures-for-not-for-profit-organisations/

Perhaps along the lines of Co-operatives or Workers’ Co-operatives or even a limited company ( we would just have operating profits in the sence of Fiat being held).

In all this research I need to point something out for transparency about myself .

I am currently entered into an IVA  (Individual voluntary arrangement) with my creditors (nothing major... I managed to build up bills with my credit card company(s) over the years and I'm Paying it off. I pay an agreed amount every month untill the debt's is finished (a few years to go). Taught me a valuable lesson and it's something that led me to be interested in Freicoin. Anyway  from looking into things it does stop me from being a treasurer for a charity (something I didn't know untill i started looking into it). 

Of course me saying that and then saying a charity may not be the way to go might look like a conflict of interests and I'll happily step aside if anyone does think that way. I'm more than happy to help out in any way possible. I'm happy to supply details of my IVA and how and where it can be checked via PM. If anyone has any concerns then please let me know. I dont want to damage the Alliance or Freicoin in any way So if  you would rather i take a more "back seat" role i will.

If you want to talk about it with me and raise any concerns  please get in touch - I have nothing to hide and have always been very open about myself.

Thanks,

Mollycat

I don't know exactly what is the difference between charity and non profit in the English law.

As far as I know in Germany we have only something like "common good association".

I think the most important point is, that donation we get are text free.

Maybe for the micro loan stuff or a project like Freipay its better to keep the organisation / legal form separate from the alliance.

@Molly, but your wife can we a treasurer for the Alliance or :)

Yea everything even the worst thinks like credit cards have something good, otherwise we would not have you :)

Ya tax free exemptions important.

A co-op is a better fit I think vs. a charity for the Freicoin Alliance.

A non-profit be better for Freicoin Micro Loan or Freipay type set up that is purely a charity or facilitates charity.

Hope to discuss this at Meetup #4 today.

What would be the difference between co-op and charity? 

Why should the Alliance be more a co-op and not an non profit?

UPDATE:

And here an suggestion for an short description: 

Help the Freicoin Community to create a world full of charitable action and sustainable development - Help to to propagate Freicoin!

And should we directly use mollies Freicoin address, or should we use another one that is more easy accessible and in case we need to store them we transfer to mollies address? 

What do you think?