[REQ/BOUNTY] Paper Wallet Design(s)

Would anyone (*wink wink* Prometheus *wink wink*) have the time to design some simple paper wallets for A4 size prints? 

The paper wallet should be foldable, so that the private key is "inside" / not visible until opened. The visible sides should have the public key in its long form, the QR code, the Freicoin logo and an area for the value/amount of coins in the wallet. Maybe the Freicoin Alliance logo as well? :)

The Freicoin logo can be either the current one, or the new one found in the New Freicoin Logo thread (http://freicoinalliance.com/topic/19-new-freicoin-logo/)

We'd be starting to have use for this soonish (within the end of the year), so I'll offer a bounty getting this done: 5000FRC.

I'd love if the paper wallet would have some kind of forest / lake theme, or other nature orientation. Maybe even have something similar to the coat of arms shown in here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mäntyharju

Woosh! :) It's all good, read the post you made in the other thread a while back (and have totally forgotten/not had the time to post a sensible reply :F), so a little time off is no wonder ^^ But great to see ye back now buddy!

And yeah, would be cool to see some sketches and ideas, so feel free to post anything related here :)

I've taken a liking in the Perception Dollar's design which Arcurus shared a link to in other thread, could be something to get some ideas from: http://www.communitycurrency.org/perception.html

I'll see if I can come up with something nice one of these days. I have my little grey ones crunching ideas as we speak. Some FIAT-like bill/note design could be nice I suppose, and I guess there must be a QR code or two ("private" and "public") printed on it. Ah, just reread the opening post. I'm at it.

Right now I'm working on the physical wallet itself, trying to find a simple way to seal the private key. The simplest solution until now is a paper folded twice (I made it three squares in a row) with a lovely c-section (one for the ladies ;) ) along the second false (fold), so you can "lock" what's printed on the first two squares away from prying eyes and cameras, while the rest is easily accessible. See attached sketch below.

post-3-0-36705400-1416501519_thumb.png

While working on this, I got thinking about the kind of ration stamps that were in use during and after the war over here-- could it be useful to have more than one public key? Either identical ones or unique, so they could be torn off and given away almost like a business card? On an A4 page you'd manage to have at least six extra public keys in addition to the one above.

Right now I'm working on the physical wallet itself, trying to find a simple way to seal the private key. The simplest solution until now is a paper folded twice (I made it three squares in a row) with a lovely c-section (one for the ladies ;) ) along the second false (fold), so you can "lock" what's printed on the first two squares away from prying eyes and cameras, while the rest is easily accessible. See attached sketch below.

attachicon.gifFRC_paperwallet-origami.png

While working on this, I got thinking about the kind of ration stamps that were in use during and after the war over here-- could it be useful to have more than one public key? Either identical ones or unique, so they could be torn off and given away almost like a business card? On an A4 page you'd manage to have at least six extra public keys in addition to the one above.

Looking good :) And aye, was thinking that solution to seal the private key miself too to be the easiest in terms of printing and using the wallets ^^ 

Hmm, and that's an interesting idea to include multiple public keys... and maybe even multiple private keys in one "wallet" :) Kinda having like a checkbook :P

That is interesting. I can get our kids to test your designs.

Sounds great. I am rather busy these days, I have a deadline on Thursday for a CD cover, so I have to get that one done first. Product testing is important. 

Looking good :) And aye, was thinking that solution to seal the private key miself too to be the easiest in terms of printing and using the wallets ^^ 

Hmm, and that's an interesting idea to include multiple public keys... and maybe even multiple private keys in one "wallet" :) Kinda having like a checkbook :P

Yes, that was my thoughts too. Then again, even though it's a simple solution, so is a paperclip or a piece of sticky tape, then again, it's nice to have a working option baked into the wallet itself. Check your PM btw.