• 2 weeks later...

IF we do so, my thought on basic income is via facebook messenger bot: f.e. like the one for solidar at m.me/solidar.winc <(it is of course possible to port it to other messengers but as facebook has a massive amount of users..). Its fully automated and you can receive and send coins inside the messenger also..

And maybe we should try to pay some programmer to bring FRC to include POW/POS. I may know someone from cologne that has done several like 1337. And there are open source examples, so only demurrage has to be ported. If we could do it all in one maybe segwit and lightning can also be included?#

Big wishlist but quite possible if we all want it..

1 hour ago, Rik8119 said:

Well, telegram is also a great choice. Then we use the verification by invitation method?

I would propose Blackcoin as template (pure POS but the most advanced)..

@Arcurus what would be your deadline to start anew?

Currently im very much busy in a festival preparation that is at 12 of July:: https://www.cecsweden.org/en/

Feel welcome to come if you want to enjoy something different. A nice tending space for free on a lake is alo near by. (Thanks god in Sweden you can tent in the wild for some days). 

The main concepts for restarting Freicoin i outlined already this winter, i just have to put them together.

I can write a draft for a whitepaper economically + technically. The basis is a currency system from people for people. In a way it goes beyond that, it's more about a decentralized Freination. Currency is one part of it.

I like the idea of hiring a coder very much, because i'm myself little bit outdated in coding. Neither theless I could help to code most of the algs in pseudo code. During my study time i liked to work together in extreme programming way (two people code at the same computer) very much.

The basis for the money are people. Therefore decision making and securing the chain would be based directly on people.

At worst this would fall back to proof of stake (POS) security.

Up to know the most promising POS systems I know about are the one who combine proof of work with pos like for example dash does it through using a second layer on top of the proof of work chain.

This could look like this:

- for each freinode you must deposit X coins as security

- each freinode can have Y universal dividend receivers

- each pow block organises the list of freinodes hierarchically until the next block is mined

- the hierachicaly ordered freinodes generate the next block candidate

- a transaction is marked as irreversible if 80% of the freinodes agree that it is included in the current block candidate   

- freinodes can veto other freinodes with a 2/3 majority. in this case the security cannot be used for a certain time period.

The biggest question is what technology to base it on?

- bitcoin node.js  

- bitcoin c++

- ripple (can be made easy to fully POS, or proof of human), has distributed exchange

- duniter (has implemented proof of human, is build on a web of trust)  

- steem (has trading, decentralized platform, 100% delegated proof of stake)

- ethereum???

Currently its really hard to say which of these technologies will make the breakthrough and therefore are good to base on...

My tendency is currently bitcoin / node.js, its platform independent, easy to code for web developers, good tested

To the demurrage:

- out of simplicity reasons i would implement it purely client wise / display only. This means there is a base currency that is inflated 5% per year, but on client site it is displayed as a demurrage by default. This would be easy to implement and also very easy to use.

Switching from old to new:

- if the new code is not directly based on Freicoin we could do it the following way:

1. make a clean new start. If agreed we can exchange for a certain time the old currency to the new at a certain rate.

2. import the amounts.  

On 5/27/2017 at 7:49 PM, sunicoin said:

when start???

@fedde was working on the registration process with using the forum. best contact him if you want to have the current news.

Other then that with the general development of Freicoin we have two possibilities, one is gradually improve the code.

Second is as outlined above to rebase it on new technology and learn out of past mistakes.