So, Acurus wrote that 0.9 is ready for testing and i tried to compile on Lubuntu.

First it has no makefile unix to compile, so i coppied it from freicoin 0.8 - it started to compile but give me an error:

In file included from net.h:18:0,
                 from alert.cpp:9:
util.h:102:2: error: #error missing boost sleep implementation

after i uncommented the error in "inline void MilliSleep(int64_t n)" in line 102 in util.h ( the error:

No rule to make target obj/bitcoinrpc.o  obj/leveldb.o

comes up. i had that error earlier, so this is maybe not connected to the update..

Rik

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started today to work on porting Solidar to version 0.14. I will start with the coin/ demurrage part first, so it can be ported to FRC with some effort..

The serialize error is fixed in my version so it compiles and runs ok, both freicoind and freicoin-qt now. Me and skaro have tested it and it transmits, recives coins ok, calulate demurrage etc etc.

Wow

Posted Images

Hi rik, i managed to bring .configure to run for 0.9 but got stuck while compiling it.

Fedde opened now an issue for that on github:

https://github.com/freicoin/freicoin/issues/27

Jorge said that he will look into that, so i guess its best to wait until we get some feedback.

For bringing .configure to run, i had to follow the instructions of the build manual for unix and install all the dependencies mentioned at the bottom of the file, like the Database library and the boost framework manually. But now i got stuck during compilation.

If you want i can help you on unbuntu to bring the .configure to run. For the other issue i guess its best to wait for response from jorge or maaku.

lets say, i found out where the compile errors came from.

two errors i could solve was mainly that numbers needed to be casted, because bitcoin 0.9 uses different numbers. Still i dont know 100% yet if the casts will make runtime errors lets see.

Sadly Freicoin has its own number format, so the merge with Bitcoin 0.9 is little bit tricky.

The other error in serialize.h is because a template function is called, most likely also with wrong number format. Sadly its a template function, so it throws errors at linktime, so its very tricky to debug. 

For compiling i uncommented these two left errors, then it compiles, so at least there are not more then these two errors left that needs to be fixed :)

That said that doesn't mean that it will run, just that it will compile.

• 2 weeks later...

The configure --with-incompatible-bdb was doing Ok on my server though it gave the error that something was wrong with serialize.h in line 789 during compiling..

The serialize error is fixed in my version so it compiles and runs ok, both freicoind and freicoin-qt now. Me and skaro have tested it and it transmits, recives coins ok, calulate demurrage etc etc.

It can be found at https://github.com/eddef/freicoin 

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2017 at 7:54 PM, fedde said:

All i can see in the comit list that its just a fork of bitcoin 0.14 with no freicoin added.

I started today to work on porting Solidar to version 0.14. I will start with the coin/ demurrage part first, so it can be ported to FRC with some effort..

• 2 weeks later...

As i already said, it is needed to have that refheight, because the transaction could be included later on and your wallet need to be locked until the transaction is confirmed also it wont be possible to empty wallets in a exact way, because the amount available is lower than the original. Maybe you want to contact @jtimon he maybe can explain it better than me..

And no, sadly there is no guide to modify bitcoin in the way needed ;-) ..

You need reheight to calculate the demurrage... also, transaction are normally included in a block 1 or 2 blocks later, maybe a few days later currently in Bitcoin. The question arises, who pays that demurrage? You may exceed your balance while you wait. So it gets transferred to the recipient Of the transaction, albeit delayed.