Getting my Wallet... Will mine.

Is anyone else here in the Freicoin community mining or using Ethereum?

If you are it be great if we can work together on testing and using Ethereum personally I want to play with and learn more about Ethereum but use it to help improve FRC. Maybe it would be good to somehow get add on to Ethereum wallet for FRC direct exchange.

Ether Wallet.png

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/guides/how-to-mine-ethereum/

I am starting, very new to it!

I am still downloading the chain. I didn't use the '--fast'. I didn't seem to work. So I just clicked on the .exe and I'm waiting, since Monday.

I have a weakish AMD graphics card in this laptop, but I will try to mine. The plan is to get a new tower with gpu in next month.

• 1 month later...

Oh me too. Just updating the wallet for a couple of weeks takes longer that the initial load a month ago. I think this has to do with the denial of service attacks. 

Apperently there is a 'fast load' method, but I don't think this makes a difference for recent attacks. I too gave up.

I will try 'fast load'. We have to figure this out so we can put Ethereum on the exchange. Honestly, I'm not sure how Ethereum can even function right now. I mean, my lap top has 12G of RAM and it can't update the wallet! To me, it's like Rick's animation ^^, a total car wreck.

• 2 weeks later...

well anyway, it works better if you start with no block chain downloaded (empty chaindata\) then run C:\Users\Reza\AppData\Roaming\Ethereum Wallet\binaries\Geth\unpacked\geth --syncmode "fast" --cache 1024 console.

That loads chain much faster. After that, run wallet. I'm not sure how wallet performance will be after that. more info:

https://theethereum.wiki/w/index.php/Ethereum_Wallet_Syncing_Problems#How_to_recover_from_slow_syncing.3F

• 4 months later...