Though there are no dates to fix the progress i like to announce what is planned/going on and a short explanation also to #Solidar:

TOPIC: Port Solidar to Version 14, this will be a hard one, because Merge mining and demurrage has to be ported.

TOPIC: I like to make deposits possible and i am thinking about an easy to use/ effective (automated with no further interaction) way to prevent multiple accounts.

TOPIC: With the porting to V14 there is an easy way to compile windows clients on ubuntu what makes it a whole lot easier for me to compile new wallets for every version.

TOPIC: Marketing, make a short describing video.

TOPIC: Get the dnsseeder running again.

TOPIC: Get an own Forum for Solidar.

TOPIC: Program SolidarPay plugin to accept split payments with the merchant bot.

DONE: There is no explorer atm and the most convenient way seems to me to use an electrum server to query addresses, because most alternatives don't work for Solidar.

DONE: I like to advance the facebook messenger on-line wallet to increase merchant compatibility.

DONE:  @fedde is working hard to implement it into freiexchange.com, thanks a lot for that. Other exchanges are not planned atm as it is very costly to get Solidar on, there is no demurrage implemented and exchanges like to cut support when something is not as expected (mostly profits).

Here a short description what the concept is about:

When you just wait with your account (just check balance monthly to get an income) at some point you get as income what the demurrage cost you, so there is a stable redistribution system in place. So, at a certain point there is nothing to win by hoarding. As the higher balanced addresses are stronger degraded than the smaller even the basic income can not save those, so that sooner or later all look the same (excluded the mining addresses).

But as capitalism (the concentration of wealth) is an ongoing mechanism there will always be richer peoples that loose money to demurrage, so the monthly income is thought for those that can not save any money. They have to spend it and they profit the most because they get an unconditional income.

Demurrage money is meant to be spend for quality food, clothing, technology and social improvements (e.g. donations to open source developments/free music). Those who tend to hoard will not profit but most important dont take away opportunities from other people!

Of course the association have to use some funds to finance development marketing and organizations if there are not enough donations, but we try to keep the profile as low as possible and every coin spend will be transparent, so everybody can participate in keeping the costs low.

Most likely fedde will include Solidar first but i keep it updated..

Rik

a) Can the Market wallet receive the 'basic income'?

B) Where do you sign-up for the basic income?

c) Can't you use our new explorer for Solidar? I should think all you have to do is:

1)clone it from GitHub then search and replace in DataStore.py and Abe.py "1/POWER(2,20)" with "4/POWER(2,20)"

2) other regular ABE things that change for different coins.

Hi Skaro,

at the moment it is just possible to sign in by using the solidar bot at facebook. But my idea was to create a sign up portal where you can sign up with your email. I had around two hundred accounts on it. But most of them were without a Solidar address or even any login.

Additionally it was not possible to manage the payout automatically, so i had to use an sendtomany command to send the income and had to control which addresses were new and if they were up to date..

So i decided to switch to the facebook bot. It can check if a user has send a request in a month, so he receives the income for being active. One can send and receive solidar with other bot users off chain (fast and fee free). And you can withdraw your coins via the bot. Everything automated..

I can try to use the ABE explorer but i did it a few times in the past and it always got stuck after some time (my guess is that the merge mining created big blocks when there was a miner using p2pool with 256 coinbase payout addresses each block (only for the parent chain). But hey, lets try ;-).

Yeah you mentioned that before, the merge mining and the explorer. I believe you, but I don't really understand it. The way I see it, the explorer reads and parses in info from the wallet block chain files. as long as the block is valid it should read? But it's true that ABE  also surmises the current longest chain ...

21 hours ago, Skaro said:

Yeah you mentioned that before, the merge mining and the explorer. I believe you, but I don't really understand it. The way I see it, the explorer reads and parses in info from the wallet block chain files. as long as the block is valid it should read? But it's true that ABE  also surmises the current longest chain ...

Hmm now it loads blocks like a charm.. Don't know what you guys did to my code but it seems to work, tomorrow ill be wiser.. :blink:

13 hours ago, Skaro said:

Well, that's good news.

Indeed it is, blocks were read perfectly! The Interface is showing the blocks and i am very happy (although there are other important things on the list this was a pain for me for a long time).

I had a 50 SLR bounty for making a working block explorer, if you like to have it please say which address i should send to..

Rik

Thanks. That's awesome that it's working.

Downloading an SLR Wallet was on my list of things to do (I really should write it down). So I'll send you an addy this weekend. There are still some improvments to make: fees are not calculated correctly in the transaction view (the are correct in the block view); we don't really need to show 'outstanding' or coindd. So I'll let you know when they are made.  

So... is there a website for your explorer?

Hi fedde, i would really like to but first i have to fit the demurrage calculation. And there is something i dont understand. In line 1785 in https://github.com/wincev/bitcoin-abe/blob/b0302d2575a911351c7df96ee7b291f5cc0ea969/Abe/DataStore.py

There is the number 174558 shouldnt this be the newest block height?

tx['value_in'] = None if value_in is None else int(value_in)*pow((1-1/pow(2,20)),(174558 - block_id))

On 6/29/2017 at 8:02 AM, fedde said:

@Rik8119 lets first get it all up and running and get the new version of the exchange online, as i need a explorer connected to the exchange also to provide correct links for lookups on txid's for your coin.

is a new version of the exchange the reason I am having trouble withdrawing btc?

• 2 weeks later...