Because the Solidar bot is an important part of Solidar, for anybody wondering I wanna give a short outlook here what it is planned to be in the future.

1. The Solidar bot willbe a fully working web wallet sending, receiving and managing funds.

2. it is planned to integrate merchant functionallity -> add comments for transactions to verify payments.

3. integrate a interface for merchants to receive informations about incoming payments.

4. 10k messages are free after that facebook will contact with further instructions maybe then will be a good time to contact facebook about a basic income.

5. contact facebook to integrate solidar further- more public visibility and untegration with facebook related payments.

6. get mark zuckerberg to support solidar as he already advocated for a basic income.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Solidarbot is planned also to be active on Telegram and Whatsapp. It is planned that you create a user account with the facebook bot and then use the bot to link your Telegram id to the bot in Telegram, so he knows you are using this app also. In that way you do not need to install the messenger on your phone if some other is already installed.

My next planned implementation will be, that you can link a https://page to you account and we send an POST request to that address.

That means that - as a merchant - you can request on your page by giving your account ID, the amount and an identifier and the bot user can send that transaction to your account together with the identifier with our bot and the bot will send that POST request to the specified https://page and from there you can mark that transaction as filled.

Detailed: You as the receiver create transaction details "send abcdaccountID123 2 identifierABC" this would send 2 Solidar to the account "abcdaccountID123" together with the identifier "identifierABC".

The customer use that code "send abcdaccountID123 2 identifierABC" to send a transaction in our bot.

The transaction details are then also send to the specified https://page and from there the merchant can match the identifier with the purchase and mark the order as payed..

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, i was thinking about it. Wechat user are used to the idea to pay with messenger, so even closer to the idea. I look into it. Problem is: im not speaking Chinese. And its also harder to keep track of doubled accounts but i will also implement it there. Solving the siblings attack is for later.

• 3 weeks later...

@Rik8119 No concrete idea yet. Most people I talk to have a hard time digesting all the different comcepts. Cryptocurrency, universal dividend and demurrage are not part of everyday life! 

I thought people would be excited about the idea of 'free money', but most people are just schepitical =/. Maybe because they don't really know what to do with SDR.

In my opinion we should do some field work to bring the currency to life. I'm not sure of what yet. There are some vage options in the back of my head:

1. Try to sell something online with solidar. Or set a market place where Solidar is accepted. (Duniter has one kinda working: https://www.gchange.fr/#/app/market/lg)
  2. Organize an event to present Solidar to like minded people and see how many are interested in using it.
  3. Make a trial with a relatively small comunity (small university camplus, or village) to find out for what people would use Solidar in the real world.

The point is to start trying out different ways of using and learning along the way instead of trying to have as many people as possible registred but not ruse how active they will be.

10 hours ago, Victor said:

I thought people would be excited about the idea of 'free money', but most people are just schepitical =/. Maybe because they don't really know what to do with SDR.

Thats really interesting i know people that now start to show a little bit of interest after years talking to them.. And especially those that suffer the most show little interest. Some UBI people call it the poverty trap. If your only thought is about survival you have no mind to think about basicincome.

-->Make a trial with a relatively small comunity (small university camplus, or village) to find out for what people would use Solidar in the real world.

As im not getting tired to mention there is some big movement in Germany called meingrundeinkommen.de. They have a lottery for a basicincome for 1 person for 1 year refinanced through donations. I tried to contact them to get a wide audience but the second time they did not even bother to answer. What i want to say is that the movement is shattered and unable to unite so good ideas are hard to realize.

--> Organize an event to present Solidar to like minded people and see how many are interested in using it.

Like minded people can only be found in cryptocurrencies i guess as i also used several regional initiatives to promote my project but none of them wanted to go further and test it and in the crypto space most coins are about attracting big investors and no real use cases..

--> Try to sell something online with solidar. Or set a market place where Solidar is accepted. (Duniter has one kinda working: https://www.gchange.fr/#/app/market/lg)

Thats also something i was thinking about maybe some minigame where you can buy ingame cash for solidar? A marketplace is able to be used in facebook, creating an own for solidar is not so easy.

Many coin promotion is done through youtube, so maybe a starting point. But i am not good at video editing, so maybe we need some support here (and also at SEO).

I guess that ideas like solidar will have a much easier time when finance crash again but actually i dont want to wait that long..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3.1.2018 at 10:03 PM, Arcurus said:

the bot is great, got my first universal dividend :).

Is it possible to send coins to a facebook name? Would also be nice to send coins to new people to invite them.

Thank you a lot! The problem with facebook is that you can get very easily banned when you contact someone that has not yet contacted you in the first place. Additionally each person has an individual id that only works with a specific bot. So facebook never sends personal dates within a message, so the bot can only register users that send a message to the bot first. If facebook one day may took  up on the idea it may get further connected but till then you have to invite people first..

Rik