Ubuntu Contributionism / Ubuntu Liberation Movement

Ubuntu Liberation Movement was started in Africa some years ago by Michael Tellinger. The movement has been growing steadily for a while now, and they've started to achieve some really awesome results and have made leaps in progress within the few months now in their home base, Waterval Boven in South Africa. The movement has very similar goals with Freicoin, except their end goal is a world without money. 

Here's their home page, if you'd like to find out more: http://www.ubuntuparty.org.za/p/home.html

And their news section, which has been active lately with some beautiful progress updates: http://www.ubuntuparty.org.za/p/home.html

Thx for making me aware of the Unbuntu movement. The movement sounds great and it looks indeed very similar!

The movement has very similar goals with Freicoin, except their end goal is a world without money. 

Lol, according to the Freicoin FAQ[1] "A gift based economy would probably be a better one" so maybe we have 100% the same goal :)

By the way, some days ago when you happen to inform me about that movement I could not hold when I saw their statements about Banks / money in combination with using currently only paypal for donations and wrote an perhaps too much of exciting Email about how they could get rid of such outdated stuff like paypal and use Bitcoin, or even better Freicoin.

Hopefully it was not too much provoking... I really love this movement to succeed and I would love to donate to them with Freicoin!

[1] FAQ

Q: So what is the Solution?

A: A gift based economy would probably be a better one, but such an economy can't be deployed rapidly. Right now we suggest that you consider Freicoin. In Freicoin, the money creation process is controlled by mathematical algorithms, implemented in the Freicoin software. It's a result of the modern achievements by mankind - powerful computing systems, distributed networks and applied cryptography.

Hmm, ohh yeah :) Maybe thats indeed 100% the same goal in the end...

In their last newsletter, they reminded the five main points:

There are five fundamental points that make UBUNTU Contributionism completely different from anything that we have ever had as a species.
1) No money
2) No barter
3) No trade
4) No value attached to anything - to be of greater or lesser value than anything else – because all of our contributions are deemed to be equally and infinitely valuable.
5) Everyone contributes their God-given talents OR acquired skills to the greater benefit of all in the community.

We subscribe to the wisdom of the ancestors that “if it is not good for everyone, it’s no good at all.

Seems like I have had the old way of thinking too much imprinted in my thoughts still... I took the the mentioned "gift based economy" to mean, that there would be a some kind of value attached to it in a way... but indeed, you're right, it doesnt have to have such thing :) So yeah, its prettymuch the same goals or ideals ^^

I've also shot them a couple of emails during the past months and tried to get a conversation going, but so far with no response. They've been very busy though for the past half a year, traveling around the world spreading the message and doing scientific research around the ancient technology stuff Michael has been into for years :P They also apparently suffered a little setback while they were on their travels, with some of the people they entrusted to look over the project in Waterval Boven making some shady actions :F It was good to hear though, that nothing major got wrong there and the project and the community are still strong <3

There are five fundamental points that make UBUNTU Contributionism completely different from anything that we have ever had as a species.

1) No money

2) No barter

3) No trade

4) No value attached to anything - to be of greater or lesser value than anything else – because all of our contributions are deemed to be equally and infinitely valuable.

5) Everyone contributes their God-given talents OR acquired skills to the greater benefit of all in the community.

We subscribe to the wisdom of the ancestors that “if it is not good for everyone, it’s no good at all.

SIGN

The concept of money and giving "extra" value to something is nonsense.

Every thought, word and action counts. Nothing is less worth. Its the attitude that counts.