Sign in to follow this  
magius

E-Commerce Marketplace for Solidar

I open this topic for updates about the project.

The initial idea discussed between me, @Rik8119 and @fedde was to create a Multivendor Marketplace using an ecommerce platform (the one chosed by Fredrik Bodin was Opencart), in which goods and services' payment will be possible using two currencies both, a fiat currency and solidar. This will be possible implementing a modified split payment plugin. Ordinary split payment plugins give a way to pay with cash and cards both and was used first on offline POS. The modified split payment plugin will give a way to pay some partly in a fiat currency (euro, dollar, etc) and partly in solidar. In that way we think we could spread the adoption of solidar, because lots of phisical goods have a fiat currency production/distribution chain behind, so is needed to give vendors partly fiat currencies. When chains will be closed with solidar, the percentuage of solidar will increase.  

Hi,

i haven't programmed any website plugin until now but i think it is time. Is there anyone here that can point me in the right direction. Is it possible to have a pre processor plugin that first interacts with the Solidar BotNetwork and then roots the remaining payment to whatever plugin follows?

I hope in that way it is possible to integrate the split payment as a step before the actual payment what has the advantage that it would not need all the functions of the other payment plugins.

Rik

Hi, i had a deeper look into the plugin. As i can say it only makes a connection to the shops own bot. This is a cool feature for shops to increase UX but as i see there is no point where it can communicate with the Solidarbot. and because it is only after the sale it can't be used as well. (imho it is much easier to first settle the Solidar payment and then the fiat payment). However maybe the code can be useful in the future..

So, basically wordpress has two types of functionalities: actions and filters.

To activate an action you can use a hook that is like a specific timepoint. F.e. when loading the dashboard you can use a special hook that comes prior to add something to it.

In my case the WooCommerce plugin has a hook that can act as a checkpoint where i can interrupt before the actual payment and make some action (present the Bot payment ID and wait for payment confirmation).

How the action needs to be structured and programmed for that is the next question. And how there can be an extra field for the Solidar amount for each product and how they can be added at checkout.

First step is done ill inform about the process and put the source code online at github asap.

Rik

First step is done i added an Solidar price to the product that is also shown at the product page when shopping.

Next:

- Show the total Solidar price of the complete order ( amount times price /each product)
- Show only the Pay with Solidar option before proceed to checkout.
- Generate a payment ID with the Solidar bot API.
- Check for the Payment before proceeding.

Im sure it will get tricky in the details - like how to hold the payment process before proceeding to checkout, but one finds a solution if one really wants it!

I hope this also works with multi vendor sites as the hooks may not be the same.

Rik