You are what you eat - The food conspiracy

Sugar, sucrose, glucose, high fructose corn syrup, cornflour, modified [insert ingredient here]... seen these in the products ingredient lists you've bought? These are nowdays the ingredients that some of the products are mostly made of, and they're not good for your body. Theyre all prettymuch sugars. Sugar has been long touted to be as addictive as heroin in the human body. One could think that those are added in the products to increase consumption?  :P

They're also not good for your gut flora.. and gut flora controls much of your bodys responses. It has been scientifically shown since decades ago, so why are they still increasingly been added?

Here's a nice clip from the Infowars show from few days ago, discussing gut flora, additives in food supply, fluoride and other neurotoxins in water, the harmful chemicals used in farming (brought to you by Monsanto), etc.

No so much a conspiracy as the reality.

Here is a really good way to look this food issue.

Go to your supermarket and try and shop for things that do not have added sugar.

That pretty much cuts out almost 70% of the foods in the supermarket.

Then look for slow foods. Foods that are fresh and unfrozen or would require you to prepare the food to eat. 

Then look for foods that are from your area.

It is pure insanity the food system.

Heart disease / Diabetes alone are killing more people every year than anything else.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs312/en/

Key facts Diabetes

• 347 million people worldwide have diabetes* (1).
  • In 2012, an estimated 1.5 million deaths were directly caused by diabetes (2).
  • More than 80% of diabetes deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries (3).
  • WHO projects that diabetes will be the 7th leading cause of death in 2030 (4).
  • Healthy diet, regular physical activity, maintaining a normal body weight and avoiding tobacco use can prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs317/en/

Key Facts CVD

• CVDs are the number one cause of death globally: more people die annually from CVDs than from any other cause (1).
  • An estimated 17.3 million people died from CVDs in 2008, representing 30% of all global deaths(1). Of these deaths, an estimated 7.3 million were due to coronary heart disease and 6.2 million were due to stroke (2).
  • Low- and middle-income countries are disproportionally affected: over 80% of CVD deaths take place in low- and middle-income countries and occur almost equally in men and women (1).
  • The number of people who die from CVDs, mainly from heart disease and stroke, will increase to reach 23.3. million by 2030 (1,3). CVDs are projected to remain the single leading cause of death (3).
  • Most cardiovascular diseases can be prevented by addressing risk factors such as tobacco use, unhealthy diet and obesity, physical inactivity, high blood pressure, diabetes and raised lipids.
  • 9.4 million deaths each year, or 16.5% of all deaths can be attributed to high blood pressure (4). This includes 51% of deaths due to strokes and 45% of deaths due to coronary heart disease (5).

----

Personally I have actually gone on a diet that cut out most of this and I have to say it changed my ability to concentrate and think clearly.

Heart disease / Diabetes alone are killing more people every year than anything else.

Yup! You nailed it, was about to point this out after few other points :) And like they mentioned in the video linked above, there's now starting to be more scientist getting on the diabetes type 3 idea and research. 

Diabetes rates have indeed started to skyrocket when the sugar industry gained a hold of the food supply. A great documentary explains some aspects of this, called

King Corn

This is a great talk on sugar:

There's many talks from this guy (Robert Lustig) and the talk has been updated a bit, so I recommend to dig into his research ^^

But! Also, the containers these common day foods are stored, are laced with BPA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A

BPA is an estrogen (female hormone) mimicker, and has been touted to cause mental problem in bot males and females. Men also get nice soft "bitch tits". Also has been suspected to cause lowering the fertility rate.

No so much a conspiracy as the reality.

Ohh, and ye :) I think you meant that its not so much of an "Conspiracy Theory"? But a known conspiracy, that has been validated / acknowledged to be true... reality, like you said :)

People and companies conspire daily. That's known.. and prettymuch the norm in the today's age when the competitive environment doesnt support opennes and transparency :(

Ya it isn't tinfoil hat this idea. Food is killing us fact from WHO. Making us dumber based on gut microbes linked to neurology studies. 

I believe the profit motive of the food supply is the reason not some sort of over arching gov't conspiracy to keep us from living too long or too well. Does help health care providers doesn't it thought?

Fresh SLOW foods are the way to go.

Like big pharma, big agriculture, big tobacco etc all for the profit at any cost and LOBBY the crap out of the govt so you don't get all the information.

Ya it isn't tinfoil hat this idea. Food is killing us fact from WHO. Making us dumber based on gut microbes linked to neurology studies. 

I believe the profit motive of the food supply is the reason not some sort of over arching gov't conspiracy to keep us from living too long or too well. Does help health care providers doesn't it thought?

Fresh SLOW foods are the way to go.

Like big pharma, big agriculture, big tobacco etc all for the profit at any cost and LOBBY the crap out of the govt so you don't get all the information.

Yea I also think, its just because of making money... Or sometimes they also think to make something good for humanity-

In this way the food industry started to bring some "good" food in bins to workers, so that they stay "healthy". They really believed, that they can produce better food then nature does since millions of years.

Maybe we should call this forum more Reality Forum then conspiracy...

Hi Bick, which diet you use?

By the way, we are here just harvesting our own crown potatoes, carrots and so on, ok we didn't reach 100% autocracy yet, but it is a beginning.

Low carb no carb Atkins was truly an amazing period. I was able to really concentrate once my system was free of the overload of sugar based foods. I am not on it now and I know it affects my weight and my health negatively.

Yea I also think, its just because of making money... Or sometimes they also think to make something good for humanity-

In this way the food industry started to bring some "good" food in bins to workers, so that they stay "healthy". They really believed, that they can produce better food then nature does since millions of years.

Maybe we should call this forum more Reality Forum then conspiracy...

I like that people get worked up about it. But really this conspiracy can be broken if we just have better education so that students and families eat better and make better choices. It is great to have the tinfoil hat conspiracy people beating the gmo / food industry drum to a point.

*clip*

Yeah, I agree that most conspiracy theories.. and the actual conspiracies that come out in the daylight are in fact based mostly on greed. 'Educated' corporate people have learned to play the game to achieve a dandy lives for themselves with the cost of common people. Cover up the information and studies that hurt the product or "sevice" one is pushing to markets, and only support the ones that make it look good.

*clip*

I think most people that are indeed working for these food industry companies are trying to achieve good for humanity, but their contributions are often twisted or used for something bad. Then, I think, there's some people, that are just raised in a corrupt system and their minds have been poisoned through education and corporate policies, that they know theyre doing harm to most of the people, but just dont want to accept it / reason themselves to go on with it.

Like the GMO giant Monsanto... they dont offer their own, nor other, GMO foods to their employees due to the known health problems they cause.

Yeah, I think greed plays the biggest part of this... but I do see it possible.. or actually pretty well documented, that there is a "They".. a group of powerful families, that control the actions of these corporations and governments to drive through the agenda of dumbing down the masses and depopulation :D

Low carb no carb Atkins was truly an amazing period. I was able to really concentrate once my system was free of the overload of sugar based foods. I am not on it now and I know it affects my weight and my health negatively.

I've had the same experience :) Cutting out just processed sugars can have amazing results by itself ^^ 

Removing or greatly limiting processed sugars and gluten from diet is usually the best way for obese people to lose weight ;) Even a little bit of exercise on top of that and people have been really amazed of the speed of the results.

I'd also recommend playing with ones eating schedule. I've found it to increase my energy levels and productivity, to not eat 2-3 hours after waking up and before going to sleep :)

• 1 month later...

A scene from the british TV serie 'Utopia' [spoiler alert!]

This show is a great watch for conspiracy kooks ;) It has a lot of the conspiracy theories about ways to achieve human depopulation, from vaccines to GMO's and other known non-healthy ingredients in foods to destroy the reproductive system / fertility. Matches a lot of the happenings and reports from past decades that have come to be known facts in ~real life.

What should we do? "using energy saving light bulbs?" :)

My suggestion would be to give out an basic income and education.

An basic income, so that they have not the need of having three plus children for income.

In a way this is a very very serious topic, but still we should take it with humor, otherwise we will mess it up even more.