How we could encourage the development of the Freicoin infrastructure

Hi Freicoiners,

recently it happened that my nice topic about the Freipay Gateway was "spammed" up with how we could encourage the development of the Freicoin infrastructure.(dont't take it personal, it happens as it happens ;)). 

So I thought, ok better to make an own topic for that,

I think the Freicoin Alliance would be perfect to boost the development so I post this topic here..

Here we go, feel free to post all your ideas about "How we could encourage the development of the Freicoin infrastructure"!

To get an idea what projects we want to boost, feel free to post your most wanted projects.

In the current state this is meant to be a kind of freistorm, so feel free!

Best regards and happy freistorming,

Arcurus

Define infrastructure next time.

Also... the lack of any purposeful use of the coin seems to be the real limitation at the moment not fundamental in how it is coded structured to be honest.

Lack of use and users seems to be what led to the devaluation. Possibly merged mining could rectify that I suppose but that was already on the agenda according to Jtimon and Makku.

Hehe, like Bick, my first thoughts went on to thinking about the services that would be needed to promote the use of Freicoin, as indeed, the infrastructure is a wide subject :P I think developing and promoting services for Freicoin would be more suitable topic for Freicoin Alliance, as the Freicoin Foundation is already concentrated on the core developments. Though of course, in order to produce unique services for Freicoin, co-operation with the foundation in the coding front goes hand in hand with some of the services :)

(BTW, heres a great talk from few months back with Jorge Timon and Mark Friedenbach on the topic of core developments and more, if someone has missed it: https://soundcloud.com/epicenterbitcoin/eb-20-guests-jorge-timon-and-mark-friedenbach-bitcoin-2014-freicoin-freimarkets-sidechains)

So if this topic will concentrate more on the services side, here's a few ideas I'd promote:

- Social media interaction

Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, etc. tipbots

- Fundrising service

With the idea of using the Foundations matching donations

(Iv'e had something similar to this in mind for a long time: http://www.coindesk.com/rushwallet-adds-instant-bitcoin-fundraising-feature/)

- Job/service portal 

To post post offerings and 'for hire' ads. Social media / linkedin style, where projects and people could confirm and record their relationships using the blockchain technology.

I've started to learn coding again and will aim to help with the developments. What actual services would you guys see to be the most important ones to help promote the idea behind Freicoin? :)

An example for the Job/Service portal I scribbled during the summer:

Platform to confirm interaction
--
Example situation:
I register to the platform and create a public profile with information I want everyone to be able to see.
I create a 'Looking for Job' entry in the platforms Jobs section
A non-profit organization that is registered in the platform contacts me, and we make a contract
We decide the contract to be public -> both our profiles will confirm the contract and establish a link between us, and the platform creates a record on blockchain (including the contracts hash or other in msg)

Now everyone could confirm that I'm involved with the organization, either from the organizations or my profiles "Active contracts" section.

After working with the organization for a month, we both agree that my contract was fulfilled, so we go ahead to terminate it.
The organization was happy with the work done, so they add an appraisal message when terminating the contract. Im happy with the note and confirm it.
The platform records the information again to blockchain (with the note, so hash changes) and updates our profiles accordingly; The contract is moved from "Active contracts" section to "Completed contracts".

Now when the contract is in completed status, I update my public profile to say that I have worked for the organization along with the special note the organization included.
The platform would now also allow us to leave a review of eachother, which would be visible as a comment in the completed contract.

Comments:
Public contracts would promote transparency in organization
(The platform would of course allow the contract details to be private, since only a hash is only recorded on blockchain and the parties can choose if they publish it in the profile)
Public/confirmed comments would drive organizations to treat their employees better to keep them happy during the contract time.
Public comments would drive employees to complete their tasks as good as they can and not to cause problems/slack
--

Use cases?
Confirmed CV for Job seeking
Confirmed content rating system for pretty much anything; Restaurants (like yelp), House rentals (like couchsurfing/airdnb), car rental (like uber), hotels, etc. etc.
Crowdfunding (link employees/contributors to the campaign to establish credibility)

Hi Fabrizio,

first of all thank you for joining! Nice to have you here!

Regarding to the Freicoin Foundation, I think there is a misunderstanding. Currently the Freicoinfoundation is not meant to support the core development of Freicoin in any way. Currently the task of the Freicoin Foundation is just to issue 80% of the coins, through alternative transparent, fair, issuing methods then mining.

See for in the Foundation FAQ:

http://freicoin.freeforums.org/freicoin-foundation-introduction-faq-t809.html

Since the beginning of  Freicoin Mark wanted to have the Foundation task and the Developer tasks separated from each other.

Sadly at this time there was no one who wanted to handle the foundation stuff.

So it is now as it is. 

But back to the topic:

"What actual services would you guys see to be the most important ones to help promote the idea behind Freicoin?"

At this time I think the best would be to focus on the part of Freicoin, that makes Freicoin different then other coins.

Currently that's mainly the donation matching.

First we should focus to bring that to run.

To make a simple program, that matches the donations daily should not be that difficult, but still we needed somebody to program it.

So here are my suggestions for really unique Freicoin specific projects:

Second:

The donating matching and foundation funds must be much more transparent, so that also non technical people can see what is going on. For example the matching program could create some html code to display the matching.

Also an donation counter which organisation has become how many donations in which time period. 

More to that here:

http://freicoin.freeforums.org/posting.php?mode=edit&f=23&sid=5ddeb49b4cdb3f3d7b28feee71bbb8b0&t=682&p=8306

These things are the basics!

Third,

We should focus on developing Freicoin specific projects like the Freipay Gateway, that helps to boost Freicoin payments. Such projects could bring real use cases to Freicoin. 

http://freicoin.freeforums.org/freipay-gateway-supporting-an-economy-for-the-common-good-t854.html

Fourth,

Some kind of light wallet like electrum would be nice. Even better would be a deterministic web wallet, which has functionality like electrum, but could be saved like bitaddres to make sure, that the code did not change. 

This wallet should also include the ability to send and receive 40 byte messages over the blockchain.

With these messages we could test some kind of decentralized voting.

Fifth,

We should keep on developing republicoin, to show, that an other decentralized and fair method other then mining is possible.

This would be equal to have a virtual Freicoin state / Federation. 

More to that you can find here:

http://freicoin.freeforums.org/republicoin-design-discussion-t738.html

Of course all the other stuff, especially social media tipbots would be nice to have, but that is not what makes Freicoin different from other coins.

It would be really great to have these social media tipbots Fabrizio suggested, maybe in combination of giving some coins per day/ month to social media users this would be great.

As short feedback to the jobportal:

I think a jobportal could be a nice thing to have. In the beginning we can also use the Forum itself for that.

I think its generally good at this moment to focus on projects that are unique to Freicoin, but hey, if you always wanted to program such an job portal, why not :)

Generally I think for discussion of such projects  its good to post in an own topic and post in this topic a small summary of the core idea, sso that this topic stays more a summary. 

All the good and nice to have you Fabrizio

Also... the lack of any purposeful use of the coin seems to be the real limitation at the moment not fundamental in how it is coded structured to be honest.

Lack of use and users seems to be what led to the devaluation. Possibly merged mining could rectify that I suppose but that was already on the agenda according to Jtimon and Makku.

Yea we need real use cases that are unique to Freicoin!

For example the donation matching is unique to Freicoin, but still this needs some basic coding....

Other usescases could be something like the Freipay project. In the beginning we could also support proxy payments to Bitcoin addresses.

Thanks Arcurus!  :) For the welcome and your clear comments!

Regarding to the Freicoin Foundation, I think there is a misunderstanding. Currently the Freicoinfoundation is not meant to support the core development of Freicoin in any way. Currently the task of the Freicoin Foundation is just to issue 80% of the coins, through alternative transparent, fair, issuing methods then mining.

Ahh, I indeed phrased that misleadingly.. or actually outhright incorrectly.. I was aware of the sole purpose of foundations role for the distribution, but I guess I assumed the knowledge of the fact that the developers are mostly in "charge" of the foundation, that the point I was after was clear  :rolleyes: 
So thanks for pointing that out! Great entry to have in the FAQ  :)

But back to the topic:
At this time I think the best would be to focus on the part of Freicoin, that makes Freicoin different then other coins.
Currently that's mainly the donation matching.
First we should focus to bring that to run.
To make a simple program, that matches the donations daily should not be that difficult, but still we needed somebody to program it.

Second:
The donating matching and foundation funds must be much more transparent, so that also non technical people can see what is going on. For example the matching program could create some html code to display the matching.

Also an donation counter which organisation has become how many donations in which time period.

I agree here :) I will look into this more and see if I can contribute ^^

Third,
We should focus on developing Freicoin specific projects like the Freipay Gateway, that helps to boost Freicoin payments. Such projects could bring real use cases to Freicoin.

Yes! The Freipay would be the thing I see would have a great effect on Freicoin adoption  :) I will happily try to help with the project and can act as an "transaction handler" if needed  :)
I have also scribbled a process very similar to your idea to be part of the "Platform to confirm interaction" I described. Like you have the gold/silver/black projects, I was thinking of having the reputation system to score the organizations rating for the matched donations. For example, if organization has received a big % of negative feedbacks from employees/donators/associates, it would be categorized as black project . :) 
So as this is something that would drive the platform idea further, let me know what is needed! :)

Fifth,
We should keep on developing republicoin, to show, that an other decentralized and fair method other then mining is possible.
This would be equal to have a virtual Freicoin state / Federation.

More to that you can find here: http://freicoin.freeforums.org/republicoin-design-discussion-t738.html

I will read into this in detail when I get the chance : )

Of course all the other stuff, especially social media tipbots would be nice to have, but that is not what makes Freicoin different from other coins.
It would be really geat to have these social media tipbots, maybe in combination of giving some coins per day/ month to social media users this would be great.

I'd see these simple social media tools to be a powerful driver for adoption of use, especially for Freicoin  : ) Think combining the Freipay with tipbots ; )
But you are right! Concentrating first on the donation matching and freipay is wise and needed to be done first ^^

Yes! The Freipay would be the thing I see would have a great effect on Freicoin adoption  :) I will happily try to help with the project and can act as an "transaction handler" if needed  :)

You are welcome :)

For example, if organization has received a big % of negative feedbacks from employees/donators/associates, it would be categorized as black project . :) 

So as this is something that would drive the platform idea further, let me know what is needed! :)

Yea it could be nice to have thinks like that, also for the current registered Feeicoin non profits.

Maybe we can also look how the common good balance sheet of the Economy of the Common Good people looks like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_for_the_Common_Good

I would suggest to make different categories, like non harming, environmental friendly, decentralized power structure, open source, supporting free knowledge, fair treatment of workers, engagement for society and so on.

In each category Freicoin Donators can then vote from -2 over 0 (neutral) to +2

This "Balance sheet" would be nice to have, but is no must to get started.

See you and thax for your help!

By the way, if you want to help to make the current donation matching more transparent, it could be good to talk with jitmon, he programmed the currently used matching program.