What? Landless nations?

I believe the future of nations is borderless and landless. There will be traditional states and national denominations also in the future, but I believe we will also see the advent of decentralised nations issuing passports and legal security to people living anywhere in the world. Some sort of unions or organisations issuing economic and juridical frameworks for it's subjects. 

A nation is its people, it's tax-system and its laws, not politics and billion dollar elections or millions of square feet of more or less useless landmass. Most politicians are basically laymen with big mouths and an untamed desire to have the last say, and often, the people working for these politicians are normally much higher educated and are in most cases the people who actually do what the elected politicians have negotiated.

I believe the time of politics and traditional 'king and conquer' belongs to the past. Only in the last 50 years have we seen what could be called "just kings" or "reasonable governments", then again during this time nearly all kings were relieved from their power and the national govs were put under UN scrutiny and other international charters. Kings were turned into what they really are-- archaic hatstands. Very expensive archaic hatstands. The future will bring nations where people are not bound to live in a specific place or pay taxes to the ones who actually owns all your property (they just make you pay for it so you can pretend you actually own land, but in real world you actually don't really own anything), and cashing in 10 times it's value in a normal lifetime.

The new kings will run their nations like businessmen and scientists, and issue health insurance and educational services and sort out trade agreements and offer security and diplomatic services etc. And they will have to deliver quality and be really good at it in order to keep their subjects loyal. In the future we will not elect wankers to be on top, but we will simply choose our nation among many available ones, based on what is best for you and your family, your business, economy, education and health etc. 

How does this apply to Freicoin? Well, it's a Frei world out there waiting to be conquered. And that world needs ingenuity like demurrage and the idea of a coin without denominations finding value in the cost of making it-- it's a good one. When will we see the first such nations? Give it 20 years, and I guess people are probably talking about it. At least Richard Branson of Virgin and Dietrich Mateschitz of Red Bull.

The first thing such a nation will need is *drumroll* -- currency. Well, it could issue it's own fiat or choose dollars, but cash and banks cost more than it tastes. Such a nation will needs a currency like Bitcoin and Freicoin, and their coins themselves will be their stocks, tax and payment combined. 

I believe internet and crypto currency are the first major steps towards the development of landless nations. In the future, our nation will be in the cloud. Below is a sketch for the flag of my Global Kingdom of Mitoria:

mitoria-flagg.png

Hehe, after seeing the title about "landless" nations, I somehow expected to read something about seasteding :P

http://www.seasteading.org/floating-city-project/

But anyways, good read and I agree with your view :) Decentralized and autonomous programs running on blockchains as future "kings", where indeed the "peasants" will have the possibility to choose the one they like.. or several ones they like :)

Quote from historian, Howard Zinn:

Governments lie all the time.
Well, not just the American government, it's just in the nature of governments.

Well, they have to lie. And since they all represent the people, in some sense they act against the interest of the people.
The only way they can hold power is if they lie to the people.

If they told people the truth they wouldn't last very long.

But anyways, good read and I agree with your view  :) Decentralized and autonomous programs running on blockchains as future "kings", where indeed the "peasants" will have the possibility to choose the one they like.. or several ones they like  :)

Political parties and big corps today, nations tomorrow issuing currency with built in tax and stock systems and health insurances and many other things. Blockchain or not, the technology that will win the race and survive the digital currency evolution, must be simple as cash and as versatile and secure as fiat credit.

Historian, Howard Zinn

Perhaps it's just me, but that looks an awful lot like Republican senator Ron Paul after a few too many bloodymerries. Like his reasoning though, although it sounds rather paranoid :)

Perhaps it's just me, but that looks an awful lot like Republican senator Ron Paul after a few too many bloodymerries. Like his reasoning though, although it sounds rather paranoid  :)

For some reason, John Lilly popped into mi mind from reading yer comment.. went on to find a pic of him and landed on this page: http://mindprod.com/animalrights/obitlilly.html

Coincidence, message from the universe, or google reading mi mind ("I'm not paranoid!! I have THE DOCUMENTS!!" :D), the timing for seeing the cute pic next to Lilly's was pretty awesome :)

dolphin.jpg

I am Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn and Michael Albert fan especially Albert's work on Parecon. Participatory Economics. 

Ron Paul etc.. are not proper Libertarians. Their form of libertarian really is about exploiting the masses to extreme with corporate power. True libertarians are not at all for that. Have a look at Albert's work particularly and what Chomsky says about Mr. Paul.

Zinn was a contemporary of Chomsky and in agreement with real libertarian ideals. I see it as real democracy at work, in our community and worldwide. Here is hoping we get that form of political reform in time.

http://youtu.be/xV6Eqiiv9KI

Yeah, all of the mentioned people are very interesting individuals with well thought ideas :) I agree that Ron Paul is not as "libertarian" as the others, but still is wise and somewhat respectable person.. his views just seem to base ~too much on the "American Dream" / "American Way" of thinking. While the politics in USA is prettymuch theatre, I give the man props for speaking out against the military industrial powers and the federal reserve  :)

And thanks! Havent actually read too much about the Parecon, will do that soon ;)

Hmm, I wonder if you have heard about the Ubuntu Liberation Movement? I came across them just some days ago by accident so havent done too deep of digging around, but from what I have read so far, their ideas and actions look just brilliant! You can read more from here: http://www.ubuntuparty.org.za/p/home.html

A short clip from a longer speak:

Michael Tellinger - UBUNTU A World Without Money

For some reason, John Lilly popped into mi mind from reading yer comment.. went on to find a pic of him and landed on this page: http://mindprod.com/animalrights/obitlilly.html

Is that the same dolphin guy I read about a while back who conducted a long term experiment involving a dolphin, a water-tank-appartment and a half naked woman tossed in some LSD and then wait and see what happens, leading to some rather amazing inter-species behaviour? It strikes me how this guy seems very out-of-time. Like someone living in the future with access to all kinds of scientific research, then beam back 100 years and make a fortune and play with some dolphins. Sort of makes sense to me.

Is that the same dolphin guy I read about a while back who conducted a long term experiment involving a dolphin, a water-tank-appartment and a half naked woman tossed in some LSD and then wait and see what happens, leading to some rather amazing inter-species behaviour? It strikes me how this guy seems very out-of-time. Like someone living in the future with access to all kinds of scientific research, then beam back 100 years and make a fortune and play with some dolphins. Sort of makes sense to me.

Yup, the same guy ;) And yeah, Lilly included, some people from the ~recent times of our history indeed seem have been decades, centuries.. some maybe even longer... ahead of their times. They arent too well known amongst the "mainstream" scholars, since usually these people contribute much of their discoveries to have come from sessions with psychedelic "drugs". Or to channelings from other beings.. dimensions.. entities... and viewing the future and/or the past... amongst all other kinds of ~wacky things.

I'd recommend people looking into Lilly's work if one just has the time ;) He prettymuch invented the ECG and sensory deprivation tank during his LSD trips with them dolphins :P

@Fab: It's not often in the news, but dolphins have a reputation of being eh rather promiscuous and they are not eh, racist is not the word, hm specist (?) either, so living and swimming with dolphins? Not me. They can be noughty basterds. But quite intelligent and thanks to them for saving drowning people and guiding ships in shallow waters. If they had hands and a voice box god knows what their crafts and concerns would be....