Freicoin Basic Income / World Citizens Project for children (Suggestion)

Hi all,

I believe, that children themselves are the best teachers for children. I also believe, that sharing knowledge with others is the best way to learn.

Personally I want help to change the current industry based school system to a more human based school system, that encourages creativity, cooperation and self motivated learning.   

Currently I think about starting with these parameters:

Up to now nothing is set in stone, so feel free to add.

Per month 1 Freihour(10 dollar) per student is given out in Freicoin as a World Citizens Dividend.

(+1 Freihour for common good projects)

To participate the students have to fulfill certain requirements.

- create / join a Freicoin World Citizens Group with (each group should have round 5-30 students)

- verify the identity of each other

- make sure, that nobody is already in another Freicoin Citizens Group

- elect two speakers of their group

- post a group picture

- verify their school 

- make transparent for what they use their Freicoins (post here in the forum, pictures, small blog (optional video / live-stream))

- together decide, how they want to use their Freicoins 

A group can become a warning (yellow card) if does not full fill these requirements.

A group can be shut down for a certain time period (for example one year) if they try to cheat, or get a second warning (red card).

The Freicoins should be used to shift from an harming to an non harming economy, that encourages cooperation and has the common good as goal. Therefore the students should be encouraged to reflect, how their own using of Freicoin affects their own life, their local and world wide surrounding if more would follow the same using of Freicoins like they do.

Technically the Freicoins are payed out after the Freicoin Foundation matching* is done.

Currently this is done monthly.

For example:

12 students group up and create an World Citizens Group.

They proof their identities (for example by creating list of names + a group picture / video chat)

They sign up here in the forum.

Monthly they claim with with Freicoins (

transfer 2 Freihours (currently 10.000 Freicoins) (20 dollar worth of Freicoins*) to the Freicoin address of their verified World Citizens Group.

After the Freicoin matching from the Freicoin Foundation is done they get back their transferred Freicoins + the matching from the Foundation as a World Citizens Dividend. 50% of the extra coins must be used for registred non profit projects. 

* Re-donations of their own Freicoins are currently not allowed!  

If the coin matching percentage from the Freicoin Foundation decreases this amount could increase. For example with 10% Foundation Matching 200 dollar worth of Freicoins are needed to get t 20 dollar worth of matching. (the other way round if the matching percentage increases)

Each group decides together how they will spend their Freicoins.

Use cases could be for example:

Helping to grow their own food.

Beatifying their school / neighborhood

Helping to create a preventive health care.

Helping other students.

And so on...

To make it happen personally I am ready to support with all that I can!

All the good,

Arcurus

• 1 month later...

Sup Arcurus, hope your doing good :)

I very much like the idea, especially the FreiHour system, and would like to support/try out  the project :)
I have been spending some time building a local community, and have a group of people who would be interested in trying out this idea/project out, but would have some questions about this :)

We have around ~10-30 people willing to give this project a try.. so what would be the easiest/straight forward way to register to this project? :) And how could we document the use of this idea/project the most open way? ;) What features/improvements would you see beneficial to the projects success or improvement at this point? :)

Our students will start working on this as a project starting next week.

-----------------------

To participate the students have to fulfill certain requirements.

- create / join a Freicoin World Citizens Group with (each group should have round 5-30 students)
- verify the identity of each other
- make sure, that nobody is already in another Freicoin Citizens Group
- elect two speakers of their group
- post a group picture
- verify their school 
- make transparent for what they use their Freicoins (post here in the forum, pictures, small blog (optional video / live-stream))
- together decide, how they want to use their Freicoins 

Our students will start working on this as a project starting next week.

thats great news!

to have one finish pilot group would also be great!

If questions come just ask them here.

The only thing which is a little hindering right now is, that we still don"t have any news from the Freicoin Foundation, but that should not keep us from getting things startet.

Maybe we should set up a letter together to the Foundation?

Sup Arcurus, hope your doing good :)

I very much like the idea, especially the FreiHour system, and would like to support/try out  the project :)

I have been spending some time building a local community, and have a group of people who would be interested in trying out this idea/project out, but would have some questions about this :)

We have around ~10-30 people willing to give this project a try.. so what would be the easiest/straight forward way to register to this project? :) And how could we document the use of this idea/project the most open way? ;) What features/improvements would you see beneficial to the projects success or improvement at this point? :)

yea I do good, currently Im a little bit busy these days :)

How an sign up example could look like I have oulined here:

https://freicoinalliance.com/topic/137-sign-up-for-basic-income-world-citizens-project-alpha-test/

So the first step would be to sign up in this forum, and to verify....

For children because of child protection this could look different, here we have to see how to proceed.

How that could look like Bick would be the best to suggest something (maybe verify parents or school + teacher?).

I suggest to start with creating one topic per basic income group in this subforum.

For the beginning this forum should be fine for documentation, later we could build a small website for further information, once the basics are set.

• 3 months later...

We will interested in doing this and helping kids in poverty here locally near our school to register and get involved. 

I will have our students map out how this can be done and who we need to target.

We want to find kids who can't afford school uniforms and what not.

Issue is how do we get the Freicoins / Rupiah in the hands of kids so that money goes directly to their educational costs.

===

Side note:

Our Solar School Project.

We have to raise / earn $5575 USD to install a net metered system to power our school. That will be our next MAJOR project at school. 

74,261,094.96 IDR 

5,575.00 USD

3,982,327.26 FRC

24.37184281 BTC

• 1 year later...

I think this would be a great place to support here in Indonesia. A trained montessorian has set up a foundation in Germany and created a Montessori school that is free for Indonesian poorer families in Lombok. This helps promote peace as well as giving these children an excellent education on the Island of Lombok.

=======

Info:

Published on Feb 6, 2017

Futura Indonesia e.V. is a non religious and politically independent registered charity organisation under German law. It is managing a tuition-free Montessori Children’s house and Primary School on Lombok Island/Indonesia for children belonging to the poorer population.

Our goal: to deeply improve the education and future prospects of these children.

This video shows a short extract of Futura Indonesia's work from October 2012 to December 2016. As an example of the development of the children from kindergarten to primary school, the video focusses on the development of Dahlia, who is nowadays a pupil at Futura Indonesia's primary school. We can watch her during learning and leisure activities, see how she lives with her parents, and we also learn about her dreams.

The project is solely sponsored by European donations

Futura Indonesia expresses once again its deep gratitude to all people, who contributed to make our project successful.

www.futuraindonesia.org
www.betterplace.org/p4943