MANGOS - Prototyping a plattform for a universal dividend currency

Well said! I take that explanation!  :) and will change the underlying algorithm structure

great!

Then a mango would always be an mango :)

Would be great to clone it and make also an second example more with parameters like Freicoin.

100 Million coin supply and redistribution of 5% per year.

So that we can make experiments with the differences between them two :)

To be even more fair in the beginning the amount of universal dividend per participant could be limited to the value of an certain amount of average working hours, like suggested in the Freicoin basic income project.

Fixed amount still doesn't work for me. You would have to set the limited to one 7 billionth'd in order to make it fair, which you can of course do. But why making it complicated when it can be easy ;)

Fixed amount still doesn't work for me. You would have to set the limited to one 7 billionth'd in order to make it fair, which you can of course do. But why making it complicated when it can be easy ;)

To fix it as one Freihour, currently 10 dollar is a workaround in the test phase, and has nothing to to with the protocol...

Sorry, I took the wrong quote, I meant the fixed amount of 100.000.000 FreiCoins is not suitable, since you will not have an even distribution over the time, even with restricting the income. Just imagining FreiCoin taking of in 3 years. those people having now at the moment 100.000 FreiCoins or 10FreiHours (I don't know the exchange rate at the moment), will still have a little more than 85000 Freicoins. If you have just 1 Million users thats an average of 100 coins per user => not really fair
Or am I misunderstanding your point there? 

I understand your argument.

In Freicoin with 5% in 23 years 66% of the coins would be redistributed. Analog in 47 years nearly 90%. In one life time lets say 80 years, 98% would be redistributed.

That means in one life the system could become very fair with an stable payout per person.

Never underestimate the effect of compound interest, or in this case effect of compound demurrage.

Further, its good to see the risk involved in holding Freicoins.

Currently its not very likely, that Freicoin will become adapted. Therefore the risk is high that Freicoin will loose even further in value.

I think it is fair if people that are supporting Freicoins though having some can get some reward if it becomes successful.

Plus in Freicoin the Freicoin Foundation currently till holds 80% of all coins, which could be used for an basic income or other common good projects.

Personally I am ready to donate all my Freicoins I have to propagate projects like basic income or even more important an common good economy (freieconomy) that takes part in saving our planet..

Saving our planet should really be the priority in this stage of evolution.

In fact most of my coins I have already donated to the Freicoin Alliance.

Nevertheless I will support also alternatives that try to pay out an fixed amount per participant like in the mango example.

In a way I am very pragmatic, if one project functions good, then go for it, but currently I am not ready to drop Freicoin completely, because I see,

that it has an functioning base with that we could right now make basic income and common good economy experiments.

Another solution would be to just use the Freicoin blockchain + the Freihour concept (defined as one average working hour) and start to make basic income experiments with that.

I see that both ways (with and without an fixed money supply) have their pros and cons.

Currently we should make experiments with both to get more experiences.

In a way I am very pragmatic, if one project functions good, then go for it, but currently I am not ready to drop Freicoin completely, because I see,

that it has an functioning base with that we could right now make basic income and common good economy experiments.

Another solution would be to just use the Freicoin blockchain + the Freihour concept (defined as one average working hour) and start to make basic income experiments with that.

I see that both ways (with and without an fixed money supply) have their pros and cons.

Currently we should make experiments with both to get more experiences.

Please don't drop :)  Continue!! The only problem is, I can not help with anything blockchain related, I am simply to inexperienced up until this point. 

So my main focus will be on the mango variation with stable dividend, but I am open minded helping you out with a forked version and your own parameters.