A must read! How Freicoin is Perceived from the Outside!

Hi Freicoiners,

here is an crosspost from the Freicoin Forum:

I think that this review is a great opportunity to learn how we are perceived from the outside and what we can do better, especially now when we are starting the Freicoin Alliance.

This review is now a little bit old, but I think the most points are still the same.

And yea, some parts are really funny, just to mention the Freicoin "mystical" marketing expert, so take it with fun and enjoy!

We should really read this and learn out of this how we are perceived!

In the following I commented it a little bit self ironically (some parts was too funny to resit  :roll: ), I think to lough about the own errors is the best way to learn! 

Don't forget we are all human! And humans make errors all the time! That's the reaon to be humans, otherwise the evolution would be boring!

Here are some real targets to work on... how about we focus on these areas?

This is a review from 2013 and nothing much has changed.

------

"Freicoin is a crypto-currency descendant from Bitcoin which has integrated a unique system to discourage saving or hording coins called demurrage. Demurrage is basically the cost associated with holding currency. With a commodity such as gold the demurrage would be the cost of storing and securing the gold. In Freicoin’s case, the developers have deliberately instituted a demurrage fee into the protocol which automatically deducts and destroys coins held in your wallet over time. Sometimes referred to as ‘rotting coins’, it was included in the protocol to encourage spending and to discourage hording or saving. 5% of the total FRC supply is destroyed each year while miners continually refresh the supply with new coins through the mining process."

Ok, on that we should work. Bringing at least 50% of the demurrage to common good projects would sound much more nice, then people perhaps understand that Freicoin "could" be more then only demurrage... 

"The Freicoin developers have some very specific economic and political leanings and appear to be reaching out to specific social interest groups. They appear to have some type of loose association with the Occupy Wall Street movement and actually mention this group several times on their web page. The Freicoin web page goes into great detail arguing that interest has been the cause of inequality, poverty and the regular boom and bust cycles throughout history. The Freicoin community is mostly concentrated at their own forum (link) but also has a number of posts on Bitcointalk.org. Most of the discussion appears to be oriented to practical aspects of the use and development of the alt-coin and seems to have minimal political and socioeconomic diatribes."

Lol, "Most of the discussion appears to be oriented to practical aspects of the use and development of the alt-coin", I think they are mainly talking about my posts here   :D

If they understood what this "development", for example of supporting non profits, or an decentralized coin rebublic would mean, then they would see, that this could have a big political and socioeconomic impact. Imagine only 5% of all the money supply yearly goes to non profits, in what a word we would live in, not to talk about the an possible impact of an World Citicens Divident or Economy where ethical businesses are supported... uiuiuiuiui  

"Community Support – The community support of Freicoin can be considered part of a real-life movement. The main priority for this coin’s developers and community is to convey their opinions about the current monetary system, they could almost be considered as an organization. The drawback of this isolation is the lack of appeal to gain further value. The developers remain very active, but again have a very small core audience. In this case, some of their rhetoric may not appear friendly to some. None the less, Freicoin has support from merchants and services; But, future acceptance may not be so kind to this coin."

Lol, thats to much "convey their opinions about the current monetary system" who of you was that? Yea But Gesell said :)

"some of their rhetoric may not appear friendly to some"

Hey come on who was that? Was that I? Please remind me if I am too "not friendly" or so  :twisted: 

"Exchange Presence - Freicoin is currently listed on 3 exchanges: Cryptsy, Bter and Vircurex. Cryptsy retails the largest volume for Frei, but still pales in comparison to most alternative coins. Due to the lack of volume, future exchange support remains unlikely."

Thats true, if we dont build up a community, an don't proof that Freicoin is just a money with demurrage, than no Exchange will help us, because nobody wants to exchange something. As always said, for we the most interesting part in Freicoin is what we could all do good with the demurrage. If we do good with it, and are a little bit more welcoming, then perhaps also more people will use Freicoin.

Technical Advancements - Demurrage remains the most appealing and the only technical feature for Freicoin. Due to this anti-interest, Freicoin has implemented a system where wealth becomes more equal (in a sense) through the destruction and replenishing of coins. An interesting concept, very few alternative coins seek to replicate this idea.

Doogy Doge has it, ok its more inflation then demurrage, but the result seems to be the same... Ok Jorge I give up I said nearly not exactly the same :) For the protocol: In a way demurrage is a little bit more fair collected then to simply inflate (as long as it is not given out in an fair way, for example as Citizens Dividend or something like that), and has also another psychological impact. I just remember that guy that post in Joes lost coin Topic, that someone is all the time stealing his coins...  :roll: 

Coins Source’s Outlook - Ultimately, this coin remains somewhat shrouded in a mystery. After roughly two years of being on the markets, it has seen success. The major curiousity is the developer, or the lead marketing expert behind the coin, who seems more interested in intellectual talk instead of supporting the coin. Efforts to make this coin are virtually non-existent, and the lack of marketing efforts reflect on Freicoin’s current decline.

Thats the best, I cannot hold anymore. I allways wondered who is this mystical "marketing expert" behind Freicoin. Is it Jorge or me  :roll: 

Or is it Joe? No no way or?   <-- UPDATE Yea it must be JOE!!! Jo the mystical market expert, now I know! I got you JOE!

Community Support: 2 Stars (2 / 5)

Hey come one, we have not been that unfriendly, i would give a 4, ok if we count that our Forum is very very hidden on Freicoin.org, I would give a 1, so perhaps 2 is ok...

Exchange Presence: 1 Stars (1 / 5)

Hmm 3 good exchanges, I would give at least a 2

Technical Advancements: 1 Stars (1 / 3)

@Maaku come show them some geek stuff and bring out Republicoin  (Republicoin in short: decentralized voting system to distribute the demurrage in an fair p2p way)

Coins Source’s Score: 2 Stars (2 / 5)

Whats that?

Frei’s Score | 1.7 /5

Not that bad, ok that was one year ago,perhaps we get now 1.2???

Hey we could do a lot better then that or? At least 1.20000042 we should manage or? 

Come on get out on the street, join the Freicoin Alliance and hey stop discussing economy* and start coding!

All the good,

Arcurus

* Discussing economy you can do on places which are devoted to that, like for example the main  economy lecture hall  called "easy credit lecture hall" in the University Nürnberg,near my home city near the big easy Credit food ball stadium former called Franken Stadium and no, that's no joke! I wish it would be!