Freicoin Wallet update needed?

Hi,

Is it just me or is it common that the Freicoin Wallet on OS X is terrible slow.

To transfer coins it takes about 10-15 minutes.

I also get constant the message "Transaction to large"?

As a sample. I transfered 2500 coins. OK but slow. Next transaction 3500 coins --> error. So I lowered the amount to 2500. Again the error message?????

I think it's time to upgrade the wallet.

Who is in charge of the wallet software?

Conrad

Hi,

Is it just me or is it common that the Freicoin Wallet on OS X is terrible slow.

To transfer coins it takes about 10-15 minutes.

I also get constant the message "Transaction to large"?

As a sample. I transfered 2500 coins. OK but slow. Next transaction 3500 coins --> error. So I lowered the amount to 2500. Again the error message?????

I think it's time to upgrade the wallet.

Who is in charge of the wallet software?

Conrad

I've been having the same kind of problem with one of my wallets. I'd guess its somehow related to the wallet.dat size, or the incoming transaction count in it.

This is the wallet that has the address I've used for Joe's pool, and its been in use since the beginning of the year.. and since Joe's pool has the instant payout system, there's quite a lot of transactions  :D File size is around ~13MB, transaction count well over 10k.

*edit to add:

I played around with this a bit and came across some ~weirdness;

- Few times when created a transaction to send 2500 FRC seemed to proceed as the wallet asks about the transaction fee -> Cancelled the transaction, but then tried the same transaction again and the wallet asks about the transaction fee again.. but the fee was different than the earlier one (got lower)

Few times the first transaction after launching the wallet would seem to go through -> got asked about the transaction fee, but when cancelled and tried to do the same transaction again, it gave the "transaction too large error".

Will play around a bit more and do a proper report. Prolly something that maaku and/or other devs should look into :)

• 2 weeks later...

As a workaround you can try to add initial nodes manually:

go in freicoin-qt-->Help-->Debugwindow-->Console

type this command in (current nodes from my freicoin peers list:

addnode 188.165.2.147:8639 add

addnode 69.253.31.197:8639 add

addnode 23.92.27.131:8639 add

addnode 108.61.10.90:8639 add

• 1 year later...